Author Topic: White hand prints on paint  (Read 1878 times)

Offline crisis123

• Not said much yet
White hand prints on paint
« on: 05 October 2009, 13:29 »
Hiya

I have an 08 Ed 30, Black. I have some hand prints from the kiddies on the paint, problem is when I wash the car they don't come off! :shocked:

I wash the car with lambswool washmit and Born to be Mild shampoo, followed by Megs last touch detailer. I haven't ever polished or waxed the car in the year I have owned it.

Any ideas how I can get rid of these annoying little marks?

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: White hand prints on paint
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2009, 14:15 »
Hiya

I have an 08 Ed 30, Black. I have some hand prints from the kiddies on the paint, problem is when I wash the car they don't come off! :shocked:

I wash the car with lambswool washmit and Born to be Mild shampoo, followed by Megs last touch detailer. I haven't ever polished or waxed the car in the year I have owned it.

Any ideas how I can get rid of these annoying little marks?

sounds like it might be grease/oil?

try a pre-wash with a degreaser... if this doesn't shift it then wash, clay and then wash the car again

to prevent this in futcher use a sacrificial layer or two of wax, preferably with a sealant.. this will help to protect your clearcoat

Offline nogrille

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2009, 15:01 »
could it be suntan lotion?  I've seen cars in the past where a heavy polish had to be used to get rid of the marks!

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2009, 16:50 »
if none of the above works, get the polish out dude :wink:should remove it easily.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #4 on: 16 October 2009, 16:41 »
Yep just to echo what has already been said, a good degreaser should do the trick, and if not try a bit of polish.

Chris