Author Topic: Top speed  (Read 21905 times)

Jkctr

Re: Top speed
« Reply #20 on: 16 August 2009, 13:59 »
hey Ronnie, arent you supposed to run-in ur new GTI before attempting a speed breaker? I dont think you want your engine to be wrecked when its only 3 days old... ho ho ho  :drool:

Running in an engine is a thing of the past. You only need to run in an engine of a lesser quality vehicle. Anyway, I will not have for much more than a year before I upgrade it.

Nope, ALL engines need running in - even VW ones! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi, I'm relatively new to the forum, you seem to be very knowledgeable but you also seem to just jump on a thread and shoot people down without any helpful follow up.  If you know so much why not share it rather than just flame every post? 
"Actually all engines should be run it correctly because blah blah blah....." "Actually that oil isn't recommended because of blah blah however Y brand is good because....."

Get my drift? You seem to love a dramatic exclamation mark.

Spot on Gossa, I just got his academic qualifications thrown in my face because he thought XDS was a £700 extra in another post.  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Have to say though, you thinking the chassis was different because of some options was priceless  :laugh:

There's Julie back for her typical 'two bobs' worth - Amazing through how you brush past such a glaring error from a so called highly regarded and highly skilled technician as though it was nothing. This is a prime example of the wanky clique in force again. I think your having a bad hair day Julie, thats it, isnt it ?

His error had nothing to do with his knowledge of the technical aspects. Seeing as he has not walked into a dealers to buy a mk6, and therefore has not looked at the options list of what is a priced and standard option, i dont see it as a huge error?
You have picked on a minor error which you have run into two threads to hide your hugely embarrassing error, by thinking the chassis is different from the mk5  :laugh:
Its a fail so huge its almost a win!

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 16 August 2009, 14:03 »
T_T's style is very much that of someone who doesn't suffer fools, but that aside his in depth knowledge is a fantastic resource.  Its quite easy to mix these acronym's up and in from the context it was pretty clear what he meant.

Kev's just got the hump becuase he's wrong.
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 16 August 2009, 14:04 »
The general atmosphere in the MkVI section is a real let down to this forum.

People like Jules and TT have been on here for ages and the latter in particular is always able to give quick, helpful advice. I don't know why they bother coming in here if this is the kind of play ground mentality they're faced with.

One bad apple...
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate

Jkctr

« Reply #23 on: 16 August 2009, 14:09 »
Dont worry about VWkev, he is just bitter he doesnt even own a GTI  :laugh:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #24 on: 16 August 2009, 14:23 »

Yet you son of a b!tch, yet !  :grin: And when I do get it im gonna drive it round to yours to drool over. !

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 16 August 2009, 14:28 »

People like Jules and TT have been on here for ages and the latter in particular is always able to give quick, helpful advice. I don't know why they bother coming in here if this is the kind of play ground mentality they're faced with.

One bad apple...

I'm a bad apple ? thats class, I just have to add that to my sig.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 16 August 2009, 14:31 »

One bad apple...

I didn't say that but if the cap fits  :grin:
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 16 August 2009, 14:32 »

One bad apple...

I didn't say that but if the cap fits  :grin:

Too late, I love it, its been added already.  :grin:

Jkctr

« Reply #28 on: 16 August 2009, 15:55 »

Yet you son of a b!tch, yet !  :grin: And when I do get it im gonna drive it round to yours to drool over. !

Il rev mine for you, see how long untill you are looking at part exchanges  :laugh:

Offline Kermit

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 16 August 2009, 16:23 »
Great stuff - Jules and Kev are like a married couple, when you guys moving in together!!  - what was this thread about  :grin:

Just for the record, I kinda like TT shooting people down - he appears to know his stuff and afterall he doesn't get paid for the stuff he provides.   People should just take it on the chin  :laugh:
2007 GTI, Steel Grey, DSG with Paddle, Leather, 18" Monza, Xenons, Lux and Winter Pack, iPod, Tints