Author Topic: What Collinite wax?  (Read 4596 times)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
What Collinite wax?
« on: 01 March 2009, 17:19 »
Getting fed up with my Meguiars liquid wax, doesn't last as long as it should, I've heard Collinite is the way too go, a few questions for you detailers :)

1. Which one to go for? http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=collinite&osCsid=7180de7ce3fac70a479f9c3d790dc83c&x=0&y=0

2. How long roughly does it last?

3. How much to apply?

4. Is is easy to apply and/or buff off?

Cheers guys.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: What Collinite wax?
« Reply #1 on: 01 March 2009, 17:23 »
915 FTW

lasts an absolute life time - i waxed my car around September last year and only now its gone! 

you only need a very small amount and apply in thin layers - allow to haze and then buff off

2 coats of it should see you through at least 3 months as long as you wash fairly regularly

HTH
 :smiley:

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #2 on: 01 March 2009, 17:29 »
I have some 476 which gets 2 coats 1 day and 2 coats the next and lasts for ages (and i dont even wash my car properly  :lipsrsealed:)
I might give some 915 a go?? (black is a bad bad colour for shine!!)
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #3 on: 01 March 2009, 17:30 »
Cheers Rhyso, sounds really good, that kit that's £25, with 2 pads and microfibre clothes, worth getting?

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 01 March 2009, 17:32 »
Cheers Rhyso, sounds really good, that kit that's £25, with 2 pads and microfibre clothes, worth getting?

yeah go for that  :smiley:

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #5 on: 01 March 2009, 17:36 »
Will do, I shouldn't be buying anything now but f**k it, it's only £25, how long you reckon the tub will last? Is it alot?

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #6 on: 01 March 2009, 17:40 »
Will do, I shouldn't be buying anything now but f**k it, it's only £25, how long you reckon the tub will last? Is it alot?

well i've had mine over 12 months and used it about 3 times and its barely scratched the surface!! Should last you years :afro:

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #7 on: 01 March 2009, 17:42 »

well i've had mine over 12 months and used it about 3 times and its barely scratched the surface!! Should last you years :afro:

BRILLIANT! LOL! I'm gonna buy some now, and give my car a DAMN good clean next week :D

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #8 on: 01 March 2009, 17:44 »

BRILLIANT! LOL! I'm gonna buy some now, and give my car a DAMN good clean next week :D

get it bought  :grin: :grin:

funnily enough i've booked the weekend for exactly the same thing providing the weather is dry - hope to get rid of ALL the winter grime  :smiley:

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #9 on: 01 March 2009, 17:48 »
I'll give mine a good spanking on Friday I reckon, so long as the weather is good, can I ask, when you say two layers of the wax, are you supposed to leave it a certain amount of time before buffing off and reapplying?