Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287508 times)

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1890 on: 06 December 2010, 19:53 »
I can say to people "Ive got a petrol turbo in my car, just like in F1. In fact, my engine is bigger"

:D :D :D

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #1891 on: 06 December 2010, 20:00 »
Anti-lag, Horney's favorite noise!

Nick

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #1892 on: 08 December 2010, 11:57 »

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot

Offline Phil1980

• I live here
« Reply #1894 on: 08 December 2010, 12:01 »
It does look awesome, I have been following them quite closely due to them being local to me.  Brothers girlfriend works at lotus hoping some freebies will be heading my way.  Really think they will be making huge leaps forward due to their engine and transmission changes.  Surprised they didn't part company with Trulli though.
MK5 2005 GTI, BLACK, 3 DR, 18" MONZA II, XENONS

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #1895 on: 08 December 2010, 12:10 »
It does look awesome, I have been following them quite closely due to them being local to me.  Brothers girlfriend works at lotus hoping some freebies will be heading my way.  Really think they will be making huge leaps forward due to their engine and transmission changes.  Surprised they didn't part company with Trulli though.

Guess it's like Brawn with Barrichello last year though, they need someone very experience to help lead, unlike Sauber next year who are going for a rookie line up. Every team NEEDS an experienced driver to help with R&D and so on.

Offline Phil1980

• I live here
« Reply #1896 on: 08 December 2010, 12:13 »

Guess it's like Brawn with Barrichello last year though, they need someone very experience to help lead, unlike Sauber next year who are going for a rookie line up. Every team NEEDS an experienced driver to help with R&D and so on.

I suppose I just would have preferred someone with a bit of bravado like Kobayashi.  Good to see they're not using KERS at Lotus from the off next season and are going to develope other areas of the car first.

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #1897 on: 08 December 2010, 12:17 »
Now that is going to be mightily confusing.   :laugh:

So Renault F1 team - which Renault has no stake in - has sold up to Group Lotus (who make Lotus cars).

The Lotus Racing F1 team - which is nothing to do with Group Lotus, just licences the name from the brother of James Hunt who bought the name "Team Lotus" in 1994 - is also using the Lotus name.

Both teams announce they are running the Black and Gold livery.

Good luck on that one Mr Legard.

:rolleyes:

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #1898 on: 08 December 2010, 12:20 »
That's going to put them at a disadvantage though. KERS will be much more efficient compared to the systems used last season (remember the KERS cars that had braking problems?).

Yes they will develop other areas more than other teams, but I think it'll be sacrificing a good opportunity.

With regards to the drivers, I too rather see 2 enthusiastic drivers trying to rampage up the field, but in terms of R&D and running of the team, it needs to have an experienced driver to help lead, otherwise there will be a lot of rivalry of who takes the number 1 spot in the team, which can lead to civil war.

Offline Phil1980

• I live here
« Reply #1899 on: 08 December 2010, 12:23 »

« Last Edit: 08 December 2010, 12:32 by Phil1980 »