Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287490 times)

adamrob69

Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1420 on: 02 August 2010, 21:21 »
You say he put him into the wall, but how did rubens pass then? A cars gap was left. It was an agressive move but not dangerous for drivers as good as f1 drivers

How can you say that was not dangerous!! F1 is dangerous full stop! let alone when a driver is forcing you to drive as close to a concrete wall as you can. Its motor racing not a game of chicken. Rubens could of picked up x amount of debris whilst over the circuit line, he could of skimmed the wall causing a blowout. A blowout at 200mph would of sent him flying into MS and it would of ended in a very sorry state of affairs. If it had been a driver with no experiance im sure they would would of soon turned into MS to avoid the wall.

Theres a time and a place. Down a pit straight at over 200mph up against a concrete wall (which is also endangering the pit crew and stewards the other side of the wall) is not the place. It was nothing more then stupid and desperation. Theres racing, and then theres something called bumper cars; that was not racing

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #1421 on: 02 August 2010, 23:04 »
yep just like it says on the back of the ticket. These guys are driving gods and are able to drive through tight gaps at 200mph. It was a very aggressive move but because it was Schumacher and a concrete wall was involved it has been over reacted to imo

adamrob69

« Reply #1422 on: 03 August 2010, 12:16 »
He was going to be black flagged; but the stewards only had 3 laps to do this, and they didnt get the video evidence in time so they had to resort to a punishment after the race.

MS has also admitted it was a bad move after having the chance to watch it back.

Offline VR6_ROB

• I live here
  • Mk2 VR6 / Corrado G60
« Reply #1423 on: 03 August 2010, 20:06 »
when senna took prost out on the first corner to win the championship all them  years ago did he get any grief over it
I remember schumi did a similiar move to hill in adelaide to win the championship and he got so much grief

like you all say the concrete wall made the move look worse if it had'nt been there
nothing would of been said

adamrob69

« Reply #1424 on: 03 August 2010, 20:52 »
when senna took prost out on the first corner to win the championship all them  years ago did he get any grief over it
I remember schumi did a similiar move to hill in adelaide to win the championship and he got so much grief

like you all say the concrete wall made the move look worse if it had'nt been there
nothing would of been said

people are talking because its not the first time this season he has done it. Remember canada when he pulled a stunt on massa. People were straight onto it then but MS got away with that one.

And as for the Senna not getting grief, i seem to remember he got grief for it. I remember him arguing in a press conference that he went for a gap, and if they (FIA) are going to stop him going in gaps then he would quit because its against a race drivers instinct. But to be fair to Senna, he had very good reason to do that, he was screwed over by the stewards for putting him on the wrong side of the grid. MS in adelade was different. MS completely screwed up going off the track and he knew he had lost it, so instead of doing the sportsmans like thing and trying to get the place back he decided he would try and barge into him instead.

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #1425 on: 03 August 2010, 20:54 »
what about some of webber's moves this season? he has been just as reckless

adamrob69

« Reply #1426 on: 03 August 2010, 21:20 »
I agree, webber gets very hot headed sometimes. I would say the difference is that webber is clumsy, where as MS knows exactly what his doing

I really want webber to get the title this year if either of the mclaren brits carnt do it, i dont think theres a more deserving driver on the grid this year.

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #1427 on: 03 August 2010, 22:22 »
Senna got more than enough grief for the Prost hit. There was absolute furore in the motoring press and he split opinion like never before. He knew what he was doing and admitted as such. It's only because he was killed that he is cut some slack. Both Schumacher and Senna played dirty at times and won championships because of it.

Shuey is not doing well this year and doesn't like it. He is frustrated and reverting to bully boy tactics because that's what he knows. Unfortunately for him there are different rules now, cameras everywhere and ex-racers as stewards. So it's backfiring. He can't test so he can't develop the car to his advantage and as such, his main advantage is gone.

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #1428 on: 03 August 2010, 22:30 »
I reckon he has given up already for this year. I read somewhere Ross Brawn has turned all his attention to car development for next year and I'm pretty sure schumacher will whoop a$$ in 2011  :evil:

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #1429 on: 03 August 2010, 23:04 »
I reckon he has given up already for this year. I read somewhere Ross Brawn has turned all his attention to car development for next year and I'm pretty sure schumacher will whoop a$$ in 2011  :evil:
I don't reckon he'll "whoop a$$" at all. If they get a good car he will be a contender, but he will not dominate. Rosberg will match or beat him if the car's good. If the car's bad Rosberg will retire him.

Keeping schtum. Mostly.