Author Topic: Kev's GTI PP DSG with OEM mods  (Read 167912 times)

Offline dieselman

• Not said much yet
Re: Kev's GTI PP DSG with OEM mods
« Reply #50 on: 23 September 2014, 13:24 »
If its the same as the tiguan which i had before then it is possible.
Chris your Tig had door controllers in the rear doors so its not the same!!!

there are always ways around things so I'm sure its possible somehow

scott :smiley:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #51 on: 23 September 2014, 17:33 »
Why would the 5 door mk7 have no door controllers?? Does the central locking and power windows have a feed in the back door?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #52 on: 17 November 2014, 09:47 »
Why would the 5 door mk7 have no door controllers?? Does the central locking and power windows have a feed in the back door?

I suppose it's cost cutting by VW as there is less to be done for the rear doors in Golfs as opposed to the A3. In the Golf, the rear windows are controlled by the front door controller and the locks are done by the BCM.

There was a mistake in the list of part numbers for the jacking points. I've edited the list and added an explanation in the 2nd post.
Current: His: 2020 M340i   Hers: 2019 GTD

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #53 on: 10 December 2014, 22:40 »
Hi All,

Just a small update this time. My local dealer had 2 of the new passats on display at the weekend. They were lhd, on german plates and full spec. I noticed they had led door warning lights so it would be rude not to fit them  :grin:  I paid €20 ex vat each. This light will also fit mk5 and mk6 and any other car with the same shape dummy reflector in the door card.

LED light on the left and standard filement bulb light on the right.

Standard light below. Note how yellow it looks compared to the led light visible from under the wing mirror.

The led light has a little diffuser to spread the light evenly. There are 2 leds inside it.

And the light installed. Light output is similar to the regular bulb version but the light is better spread and more even. It's also a lot whiter.

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline nlm

• Just got here
« Reply #54 on: 23 December 2014, 14:08 »
Hi kevin, congratulations for your treat. Now i understand why kyless wontwork on back doors and why gti mk7 are 300€ less expensive!

Offline mullermn

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #55 on: 12 January 2015, 13:11 »
Here are a few more pics of the front jacking point:

This is the driver's side looking forward. Remove the T20 screw securing the existing trim. Release the tabs and slide the trim rear-wards. This will take a lot of force.

Here is the factory fitted trim beside the new one:

Lube the rubber bung with washing up liquid or your lubricant of choice  :wink:

Press the rubber bung into the mount:

You will need a jack to press it all the way in. Even this wont get it in fully. When you release the jack, rotate the bung until you hear it click. Make sure it is fully in before you move on.

Fit the new trim and put back in the T20 screw:

The press in the plastic jacking point with the jack:

Job Done!  :cool:

I also got another nice oem part. Audi's come with a plastic piece to guide the wheel onto the hub. You only get about 2 uses out of it until the plastic threads strip. This is an aluminium one from a Phaeton/Touareg. As it's aluminium, it's very light, it's far light than you would expect. If there's interest, I'll dig out the part number:

I've been trying to source the parts for this jacking point mod, but I'm having some trouble finding them all. The local Bristol Audi dealer doesn't respond to the enquiry, my VW dealer can't order these particular parts (but was very helpful about it) and all the online stores I can find with these part numbers are in the US.

The Audi garage in Reading has said they could supply all except part 8V0 804 631, which isn't available.

Does anyone know of a good (preferably online) supplier in the UK where I could order these parts, please?

Cheers, Andy.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #56 on: 12 January 2015, 13:43 »
@MULLERMN
Your local TPS would be able to order them so long as you give them the part numbers.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mullermn

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #57 on: 12 January 2015, 16:31 »
Thanks for the info - hopefully they can sort it.

Cheers, Andy

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #58 on: 10 March 2015, 12:18 »
Hi Guys,

Is there still interest in making looms for the mods I have done? I could supply complete kits including lights.

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline vidman2

• Here all the time
« Reply #59 on: 10 March 2015, 13:48 »
I also got another nice oem part. Audi's come with a plastic piece to guide the wheel onto the hub. You only get about 2 uses out of it until the plastic threads strip. This is an aluminium one from a Phaeton/Touareg. As it's aluminium, it's very light, it's far light than you would expect. If there's interest, I'll dig out the part number:

[/quote]

I've been trying to source the parts for this jacking point mod, but I'm having some trouble finding them all. The local Bristol Audi dealer doesn't respond to the enquiry, my VW dealer can't order these particular parts (but was very helpful about it) and all the online stores I can find with these part numbers are in the US.

The Audi garage in Reading has said they could supply all except part 8V0 804 631, which isn't available.

Does anyone know of a good (preferably online) supplier in the UK where I could order these parts, please?

Cheers, Andy.
[/quote]

You can get htese on Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Alloy-Wheel-Bolt-Stud-Alignment-Align-Tool-M14-x-1-5-/231466008055?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35e472fdf7

Have been using them for years on several VAG motors and they really make changing wheels eaier
2015 R DSG. Limestone Grey, DCC, Winter Pack, Tech Pack, Reversing Camera    plus   2013 Mk7 GTi DSG - Performance, Navigation, Winter Pack, DCC, Park Assist,