Author Topic: Dash cam mount  (Read 775 times)

Offline Vw80

• Not said much yet
Dash cam mount
« on: 16 August 2022, 09:36 »
My dash cam is unstickin from windscreen every second day. Is two side tape ok for attaching or is there something better? Thanks.
Gti PP 2016 tornado red Dsg

Offline madstaff

• I live here
Re: Dash cam mount
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2022, 09:46 »
Make sure the mounting surfaces are clinically clean then use a 3M pad, like this one for example -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143584792925?hash=item216e52115d:g:eCQAAOSwD0FfWLrm&var=442544548136
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2022, 10:37 »
3m pad as Madstaff had said. Thinkware Dashcams come with 3m pads and I've never had one drop off the screen yet no matter what temperature.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 16 August 2022, 18:13 »
My dash cam is unstickin from windscreen every second day. Is two side tape ok for attaching or is there something better? Thanks.

Not sure the model that you have but I have a Nextbase and it supplies with a 3M mount and it has been reliable. However, the extreme heat we've had has been too much for it and it denatured and kept coming away from the screen. Was a straight forward job to replace the pad with a spare mount.

As others have said, make sure you clean the glass properly before application. A bodyshop solvent will do well to ensure the surface is clean and free of grease. Something like 3M 08984 works well.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Vw80

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 16 August 2022, 21:47 »
Thanks guys 👍🏻
Gti PP 2016 tornado red Dsg

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 17 August 2022, 15:33 »
Anything thing worth noting, most often send spare adhesive pads for this exact reason. So check the box if you still have it  :shocked:

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 23 August 2022, 10:43 »
Anything thing worth noting, most often send spare adhesive pads for this exact reason. So check the box if you still have it  :shocked:

That's a really good point. You've prompted me to go rifle through the box in the garage.  :smiley:

Think i'm so conditioned to just about everything being 'extra' these days, I hadn't thought to check.

But a big shout out to the guys in Halfords who gave me one for free. I walked in and said I was going to make their day with my annoying ask and they laughed, got one out of a box and gave it to me in goodwill. I was happy to pay for it but they insisted - they deserve a bit of recognition for being decent.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR