Author Topic: Slightly disappointed with my Mk7 GTI  (Read 3683 times)

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
Re: Slightly disappointed with my Mk7 GTI
« Reply #20 on: 24 August 2022, 19:53 »
I also gather there's a very big difference between the two from outside the car, but I'm yet to trust anybody to drive it so I can hear...

I find the sound of my TCR to be just right, not too noisy but nice and deep. It's useful too, when I have to pick my OH up from a night out with her mates, she can hear me arriving, saves her having to wait outside the pub!

:grin:  :grin:
mk7.5 non-PP, Indium Grey, manual

TCR backbox
Bola B16 19" in crystal sylver
DTUK pedalbox+

Offline Ej1749

• GTI forum regular
  • Hey all! I may need some help.
« Reply #21 on: 08 September 2022, 11:44 »
 I went to look at a Golf R at the weekend and it had a straight piped valvetronic Armytrix exhaust... The inner child in me came out. Holy sh!ttt! Great thing is that it does quieten down a lot when the valves are closed, still loudish though. Safe to say, I was not disappointed with the sound it made  :grin:
GOLF GTD 65 MK7 STAGE 1

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 09 September 2022, 11:29 »
Can get a better sound in the cabin by turning the soundaktor off and folding the back seats down lol

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 09 September 2022, 11:34 »
Gone are the days of wanting a noisy exhaust, at 52 I much prefer a quieter ride to be able to take orders off the Mrs and listening to the radio.  :smiley: :smiley:

Had noisy exhausts before and they quickly become tiresome after the novelty wears off.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline Ej1749

• GTI forum regular
  • Hey all! I may need some help.
« Reply #24 on: 09 September 2022, 11:53 »
Gone are the days of wanting a noisy exhaust, at 52 I much prefer a quieter ride to be able to take orders off the Mrs and listening to the radio.  :smiley: :smiley:

Had noisy exhausts before and they quickly become tiresome after the novelty wears off.

I only love the loud noise if you can switch it off haha. I couldn't turn up to a meeting in straight piped Golf R. In 2017 I made that mistake with a previous car and had to creep out of clients car parks with zero throttle... very embarrassing :grin:
GOLF GTD 65 MK7 STAGE 1

Offline symonh2000

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 09 September 2022, 12:24 »

Noisy exhausts on 4 cylinder cars don't really do it for me either.

A nice tuneful 5 or more cylinders is a bit different, but with a 4 you can quite easy make the car sound like a Barryboys Vauxhall Corsa.
Golf GTI 7 PP
BMW M140i