Author Topic: Water Spot Finishing Spray - When Drying In Hot Weather?  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Ej1749

• GTI forum regular
  • Hey all! I may need some help.
Re: Water Spot Finishing Spray - When Drying In Hot Weather?
« Reply #20 on: 11 August 2022, 13:30 »

With the M3 that you're working on, surely the Finish Kare Ultra would minimise/eliminate 99% of the potential etching from the water spots, if done straight after the wash, maybe?? I have a few good etched water spots in that crappy area where the boot meets the rear bumper. Used a DA with Meguiars compound and I can't shake them haha. I'm no pro though!

It's been in the paint a long time and there's a few deep bird etches as well, it'll be safe once it's corrected and waxed NI isn't too bad for hard water.

Do you detail cars for a living as I need a 2 stage paint correction badly ha? If so, do you have a site or something?

Only part-time as a hobby, more a passion than a job  :smiley: I work in construction.

I love doing it, I just don't have the time to do it, or improve my below average skills ha  :grin:
GOLF GTD 65 MK7 STAGE 1

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #21 on: 11 August 2022, 23:15 »
I use a petrol leaf blower when It needs to be a quick dry

Offline Jace

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 12 August 2022, 13:10 »
Firstly, don't wash it during or in full sun, early morning or later in the evening is better

Get one of these : https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/aqua-gleam.aspx

I use it on my final rinse & it works well at avoiding water marks.
2018 Golf R 7.5 Estate > Full Revo stg2 set up

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 12 August 2022, 16:01 »
I use a petrol leaf blower when It needs to be a quick dry

I use a Metro Vac Sidekick Blaster warm air dryer, as a touchless drying method also helps to minimise swirling. If a car’s paintwork’s got a good couple of layers of (wax or sealant) protection on, it’s easy to blow the rinse water off the car fairly quickly. Any water droplets left after blow drying are easily and quickly sorted with plush drying towels. The Sidekick Blaster is also very good at getting the rinse water out of all those annoying places (e.g. grille, window rubbers, door handles, tailgate release handle etc.) that always seem to drip after you think you’ve finished drying the car too :smiley:.

Firstly, don't wash it during or in full sun, early morning or later in the evening is better

Agree. I always check the weather forecast before considering washing my car, so I try to pick a dull, overcast day. Even then, I’ll wash it either early or late in the day in case the sun decides to put in an appearance :grin:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl