Author Topic: Check oil level !  (Read 959 times)

Offline Walsh33

• Just got here
Check oil level !
« on: 30 July 2022, 16:23 »
So I have a 2014 golf gti and and out of the blue I had a check oil level light in the dash ,parked up and got some fresh oil into the car to get me home , regardless of putting some oil in 3/4 on dipstick and the light still didn’t go off ,no fault codes with vcds just the check oil light . Threw the car up on the lift and replaced the oil level sensor (on the oil pan) and got some fresh oil into it and the light still has not went away nor can I find any faults on vcds , about 2/3 months back other oil sensors were replaced so it couldn’t be them either . Anyone have any ideas what’s next to try fix it

Offline joe6

• I live here
Re: Check oil level !
« Reply #1 on: 01 August 2022, 09:23 »
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for an hour? Sometimes works to reset controllers.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Walsh33

• Just got here
Re: Check oil level !
« Reply #2 on: 01 August 2022, 11:42 »
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for an hour? Sometimes works to reset controllers.

I have tried also , just noticed that the windscreen washer fluid keeps coming up too when it is full so maybe there’s a sensor linked between ?