Author Topic: Anti theft keyless start cases - Ghost Immobilisers.  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Ej1749

• GTI forum regular
  • Hey all! I may need some help.
Re: Anti theft keyless start cases - Ghost Immobilisers.
« Reply #10 on: 29 July 2022, 14:20 »
That's a shame, didn't realise that was a 7.5 only feature.

I'll just have to keep the key in a case  :grin:
GOLF GTD 65 MK7 STAGE 1

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 30 July 2022, 08:42 »
Disable keyless? I do that everytime I get home.

How do you do it? through the infotainment system?

If your car’s a 65 plate mk7 GTD as per your forum signature details, then I don’t think you can temporarily disable keyless; the functionality only exists on later (mk7.5) cars.

And not early 7.5’s either

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #12 on: 30 July 2022, 09:36 »
Can you not permanently disable keyless entry ? My son picks up his 7 GTi on Monday and is wondering…

Obd11 will let you code it out by disabling the sensor.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 30 July 2022, 09:47 »
I'm watching a video at the moment where the guy disconnects the battery maintenance module from the battery. I'm about to run outside to see if it works. Turning off that damn stop start becomes part of the start up procedure.

That was covered in another post on this site. Sure, it'll work. But you shouldn't be disconnecting that cable from the battery as it messes with the battery management system. I newer cars the battery is monitored depending on the age/state of the battery and you'll be messing that all up

Just use a Carista/OBD11 device to disable it (I've done this and it worked perfectly!). Or just buy one of those start/stop memory adapters that was posted in the other thread. All 3 of those options are dirt cheap and much better than disconnecting the cable which does other things too 

Offline Ej1749

• GTI forum regular
  • Hey all! I may need some help.
« Reply #14 on: 01 August 2022, 17:28 »
I'm watching a video at the moment where the guy disconnects the battery maintenance module from the battery. I'm about to run outside to see if it works. Turning off that damn stop start becomes part of the start up procedure.

That was covered in another post on this site. Sure, it'll work. But you shouldn't be disconnecting that cable from the battery as it messes with the battery management system. I newer cars the battery is monitored depending on the age/state of the battery and you'll be messing that all up

Just use a Carista/OBD11 device to disable it (I've done this and it worked perfectly!). Or just buy one of those start/stop memory adapters that was posted in the other thread. All 3 of those options are dirt cheap and much better than disconnecting the cable which does other things too

Yeah, don't want to mess up the system, so I am going to buy the adapter tomorrow. They seem to work wonders from the YouTube videos... so fingers crossed!

Thanks for the advice! :cool:
GOLF GTD 65 MK7 STAGE 1