Author Topic: Car has arrived but wrong spec  (Read 3946 times)

Offline jerseyal

• Not said much yet
Car has arrived but wrong spec
« on: 08 October 2013, 19:08 »
We'll my GTI has arrived at the dealer today Ordered adaptive chassis control but it's not on the car It's on all the paperwork .Dealer has contacted VW uk to find out what has gone wrong so not sure what I am going to do. :sad:

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: Car has arrived but wrong spec
« Reply #1 on: 08 October 2013, 19:21 »
Feel for you mate I take it the dealer knows where you adjust the ride and they are not looking for a button that doesn't exist on the mk7

99.9% of the time it is the dealers mistake and not VW uk.
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Jules Winfield

« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2013, 19:28 »
(Disclaimer: this reply pre-supposes that ACC is indeed missing.)

If you agreed with the dealer that it would have ACC and it's in the paperwork but not on the car, then it's a breach of contract and you can reject the car and get your money back.  The contract was for the supply of a car with ACC, and it hasn't been delivered.

If you want to keep the car without ACC, then I'd be angling for (a) my money back on the missing ACC and (b) some hefty compensation and/or a goodwill gesture.

An alternative would be for the dealer to re-order the car and put you in a loan car for the duration.  I doubt if they'd expedite your order to get the car to you quicker - when VW lost my Mark 6 order after four months, I had to wait another four months to get the car.

I would get the dealer to check what's actually in the computer - your paperwork may say it's got ACC, but someone may have missed it off when actually placing the order with the factory.  It might also be worth popping down yourself so you can check that the dealer wasn't looking for the ACC button in the windscreen washer bottle or anything daft.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 08 October 2013, 20:20 »
The dealers don't appear to be too clued up when it comes to ACC. I specced and my dealer wasn't sure if the car had it or not. The easiest way to tell is if you hit the mode button and if you have a comfort setting then you have ACC

Offline jsybrian

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 08 October 2013, 20:36 »
Hi Jerseyal mine has arrived at Jackson's too not heard if spec is right hope you get a quick resolution after the long wait we have had.

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 08 October 2013, 20:39 »
I picked up my car today with ACC / Dcc whatever and I can't really tell the difference except in the feel of the steering. I was expecting the suspension to soften but I can't feel it?

And the dealer left the 6 transport blocks in my glove box as an inside joke since I pre-warned them. ;-)

I would not worry about it and get a refund mate.
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 08 October 2013, 21:29 »
I will have to check this on mine when i pick it up, before i pay....
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 09 October 2013, 00:21 »
Hustles is right there are implied terms in the contract under the Supply if Goods and services Act. Your contract for the purchase was on the basis of a specification/description and your goods that you are receiving do not match this description. As this is a consumer contract the onus is on the dealership to prove that the contract terms have not been breached.

On the face of it, to me in my legal opinion, you would be entitled to damages and treat the contract as repudiated. Mitigation of losses isn't something you need to concern yourself with unless you decide to sue the dealership as the contract is between you and the dealer not vw uk.

As other have said, demand a refund for acc and also, if you are happy to accept it as it was, then demand that they let you have a hefty discount on the purchase price as opposed to vouchers or freebies as they are still benefitting from that.

Sorry if this is repetitive.

A mate of mine had agreed to purchase a second hand 13 plate x5 fully loaded and paid a 500 quid deposit. He went in two weeks ago and no one was there to sign papers ready for collection. He was told it can be dealt with by phone and that someone would call him that day. Turns out the next no call and to cut a long story short they sold it to someone else. Used all the excuses under the sun. In the end he threatened to sue them they have agreed to supply a new x5 heavily discounted to avoid such a thing happening.
« Last Edit: 09 October 2013, 00:25 by Misterp »
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #8 on: 09 October 2013, 11:22 »
If its not there and you do ask them to reorder then say you want to take the current car as the courtesy car until the new car arrives rather than receiving money off or something.  Its been a long wait you shouldn't have to wait any longer really.

Offline Lendo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 09 October 2013, 22:52 »
This has happened to me twice before with Jacksons.

Once with a Mini Cooper S and once with a BMW 330 ClubSport. Delivery spec was wrong on both.

I doubt it's a VW error...