Author Topic: Never seen one on the road  (Read 6322 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: Never seen one on the road
« Reply #20 on: 09 October 2013, 13:03 »
Apart from the demos at my dealer, I've not seen any GTI's or GTD's.  My missus saw a white GTI about 3 months ago in Cambridge but apart from that nothing.  Which makes me feel  :cool: when I'm driving around  :laugh:

My missus has seen a Night Blue GTD a couple of weeks ago and she said it looked amazing (so much so that she is considering getting one of those now instead of the 120d x-drive she was planning to get!)
« Last Edit: 09 October 2013, 13:05 by matchboy »
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #21 on: 09 October 2013, 13:05 »
Apart from the demos at my dealer, I've not seen any GTI's or GTD's.  My missus saw a white GTI about 3 months ago in Cambridge but apart from that nothing.  Which makes me feel  :cool: when I'm driving around  :laugh:

They got a white GTD demo at Vindis about a month back, was she sure it was a GTI?

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 09 October 2013, 13:06 »

They got a white GTD demo at Vindis about a month back, was she sure it was a GTI?

Could have been that Bear.  This was aaaages ago before most dealers had even dreamt of getting a demo let alone receiving one, so yes could have been that!
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline AlphaOneZero

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 10 October 2013, 17:26 »
Saw a CSG GTD last night, going for it as well, thought id try and keep up in my little Polo GTI until we caught up to traffic  :smiley:

Those LED tail lights look epic in the dark though, can't wait for mine now.
Previous car: Mk5 Polo GTI, Black (Special), DAB.

Current: Mk7 Golf GTI, Flat Black, Rear View Camera.
Ordered: Early June, Confirmed BW: 40, Picked up: 30/10/13

Offline Chief1337

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 10 October 2013, 17:40 »
I've seen two in about 2000 miles of driving around the county! :-)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #25 on: 10 October 2013, 19:57 »
Ive only seen 1 GTI so far and 4 GTDs.  Do GTDs come in any other colour than black  :grin:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 11 October 2013, 09:51 »
Saw a CSG GTD last night, going for it as well, thought id try and keep up in my little Polo GTI until we caught up to traffic  :smiley:

Did the Polo keep up with it? I've ordered a GTD and currently drive a Polo GTI.
Current // Golf GTD 3dr DSG - Carbon Grey | Discovery Nav Pro, Keyless Entry, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack
Previous // Polo GTI 6r - Black | Xenons, MFSW, Winter Pack, Sensor Pack, Convenience Pack, Climate Control, RNS 510 w/Bluetooth

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 11 October 2013, 10:39 »
Passed my missus on the way home last night (she was off to pick the little un up) - she got all excited as I came towards her and then her face dropped as we passed - I thought 'Cheers!' - but she'd got all excited that she'd seen another GTI on the road - but then it turned out to be me  :grin:
Audi RS5 2018

Offline AlphaOneZero

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 11 October 2013, 16:28 »

Did the Polo keep up with it? I've ordered a GTD and currently drive a Polo GTI.

For the most part, he definitely had better traction that I did and was putting more power down through the corners, but on the straights I gained on him, guess the supercharger on the low revs helps the polo GTI in the lower gears
Previous car: Mk5 Polo GTI, Black (Special), DAB.

Current: Mk7 Golf GTI, Flat Black, Rear View Camera.
Ordered: Early June, Confirmed BW: 40, Picked up: 30/10/13

Offline Whiteshirt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 11 October 2013, 16:39 »
Hope to collect Mid November.
Seen a couple on dealers forecourt.
BUT   Never seen one on the road.

Am I the only one???

Not the sort of thing to admit, but I keep looking and I still haven't seen one.

Would you believe it?? I spoke to soon.  Saw a 3 door red GTi  and a 3 door black GTi both with Performance Pack
in the Nottingham Area on the same day.
5door GTi white manual, Performance Pack  ACC  Discover Nav Pro  Winter Pack   Dynaudio  Pan roof   Park assist  Service Pack
All gone since 2001 some forgotten. Porsche Boxster/Cooper S Works/Merc CLK/Gti MK5/ Audi TT/ GTi Ed 30/BMW 123d/Ford Kuga/GTi Ed 35. All new all lost money, some a lot more than others.(except edition 35 which lost nothing  in 9 months other than its wings, suspension, roof etc))