Author Topic: Mk7 gtd fogs  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Davie d

• Just got here
Mk7 gtd fogs
« on: 06 October 2013, 23:20 »
Hi, new to the forum
I've just got a mk7 gtd a few weeks ago  :grin:
Can the front fogs be activated to act as DRLs ? And has any one found out if the other headlight DRL can be switched on like the new R ?

Cheers
Davie

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: Mk7 gtd fogs
« Reply #1 on: 06 October 2013, 23:29 »
Hi, new to the forum
I've just got a mk7 gtd a few weeks ago  :grin:
Can the front fogs be activated to act as DRLs ? And has any one found out if the other headlight DRL can be switched on like the new R ?

Cheers
Davie

I would doubt the fogs could be activated and I think you may get a few stern talks from the boys in blue if they were to be on all the time

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 06 October 2013, 23:47 »
The jury is out on the additional DLR in the headlights as well.  It is unconfirmed yet but the headlight units may be a different part in the R's as they also appear to have led indicator lights.
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline Davie d

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 07 October 2013, 00:13 »
I meant for them to dim down as an actual DRL, one of boys in blue have already said they couldn't tell the difference from it being a fog to a DRL, this was in daylight though,  I know at night they would be too bright, so the question is can they be dimmed down ?

Offline GTI-7-Performance

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 07 October 2013, 06:33 »
I meant for them to dim down as an actual DRL, one of boys in blue have already said they couldn't tell the difference from it being a fog to a DRL, this was in daylight though,  I know at night they would be too bright, so the question is can they be dimmed down ?
At night you'd use your headlights instead, surely??

Separate DRL usually go off when the headlights come on...
« Last Edit: 07 October 2013, 06:37 by GTI-7-Performance »

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 07 October 2013, 08:45 »
Fog lights used as DRL's also operated at with a reduced output . I think what the OP wants to do is configure them to work as DRL's at say 80% brightness.

Personally I don't like fogs as DRL's. My Passat has them, and even tho' they are only 21W bulbs, it still looks like I've got my fog lights on. So many people in 10 year old cars are driving round in the daytime with side lights and front fogs on, pretending to have DRL's. It's not a good look.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 07 October 2013, 12:46 »
Seriously, why would you want fogs as DRL's when the MK7 has one of the nicest headlight arrangements with stunning DRLs built in ?

Unless your a chav (which I'm guessing you are not if you have or are about to own a MK7), then just don't do it. It's so wrong on so many levels  :grin:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Davie d

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 10 October 2013, 23:25 »
So can anyone actually answer the original post instead of folk just trying to assume stuff here ??
Chav ??? Wtf ?? Where does this random pish come from ??

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 10 October 2013, 23:31 »
What colour GTD you got mate? Just that I spotted a red one tonight around Glasgow.