Author Topic: GTI Fuel Consumption / Engine noise...am I paranoid?  (Read 4337 times)

Offline dirvy

• GTI forum regular
Re: GTI Fuel Consumption / Engine noise...am I paranoid?
« Reply #10 on: 07 October 2013, 23:30 »
600 miles 31 mpg. Slightly disappointed. Not really let rip yet.  Even had it in Eco mode. Shock horror.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 08 October 2013, 12:46 »
600 miles 31 mpg. Slightly disappointed. Not really let rip yet.  Even had it in Eco mode. Shock horror.

Really?  That makes my 31 look good then!  Hopefully once you hit the 1000 mark it'll loosen up a bit and start giving you some high end 30's consumption - otherwise that's a long way off the 47 VW tell us we should be getting  :rolleyes:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 08 October 2013, 13:17 »
The MPG will get better as the engine loosens up, chill out guys and enjoy your cars!

Offline GTI7me

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 08 October 2013, 15:09 »
On a motorway run i can easily get around 43MPG, i believe the 47MPG is achievable. I've still only got around 1200 miles on the clock too.

J

2013 GTI (GONE) - 2014 GTI Performance Pack - Manual, Discover Nav, 5 door, Park Assist

Offline Mike S

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 08 October 2013, 18:46 »
2,000 miles in and steady driving in rush hour condtions on the M6 combined with usual local stuff at weekends and mine is averaging 36mpg. I'm actually quite OK with that because the claimed 47mpg I just knew was not going to reflect my driving and the traffic conditions that I find myself in 75% of the time.

However a slight "booming" noise has appeared at an annoying 65-70mph, and then disappears above 70mph. It's annoying coz that's usually motorway speed in heavy traffic. And thats in Normal and not Sport mode. Any ideas ? This supplements the "air-con only" rattle at around idle that I have (see separate post) and that I need to get the dealer to sort. Still a fab motor though  :smiley: 
GTi Mk7 Night Blue 5 Door. Winter Pack. Nav Pro. Keyless. ACC.