Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 6927 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: Insurance
« Reply #20 on: 08 July 2013, 13:24 »
Not all insurance companies offer new car replacement cover.

For instance Admiral don't, Direct Line do.

Direct Line promise a new car replacement if it is written off/stolen in the first 12 months if you are the first owner.

Admiral will give you 'market value'.

That's fine if you have GAP. I would steer clear of the Admiral/Elephant/Churchill group from past experiences. Treated very shabbily for a non fault claim - all they wanted to do was line their pockets by completely shafting the other side with extortionate car hire rates for my replacement vehicle. They had a hand in delaying my repair that should have been 2 weeks, turning it into a 7 week job.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline OF1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 08 July 2013, 15:04 »
I actually have to commend Admiral for the service I received when insured with them a couple of years ago. They fought my corner when some thingy anchored on his brakes to make me deliberately crash in to them.

It seemed pretty dead and buried that I would be held accountable. They fought my case and it didn't go against me as a fault claim in the end, took over 2 years.

While my car was in for repairs too they were very good with regards to a hire car, very quick to respond and also let me choose a garage of my choice to do the repairs.
Currently Driving: Mini Cooper SD | Chilli Red | Black Roof | Often mistaken for my girlfriend's car..

Cancelled Order: Golf GTD Manual 3 Door | Pure White | Leather | Dynaudio | Reversing Camera | Service Pack

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 25 September 2013, 11:39 »
Do they not differentiate between the performance pack model and the non pp?
I looked on  confused.com and only find a "golf gti tsi 2.0" 2013-2013
Knowing what insurance companies are like im surprise they didnt see the pp as an excuse to jack up the price

It's old ground but I have forgotten which one of these options I need to select for insurance quote.

My car is Performance Pack version with the ADC in the front grill.

VOLKSWAGEN GOLF GTI PERFORMANCE LAUNCH TSI    3    Hatchback    2.0 litre    2013 - 2013
    VOLKSWAGEN GOLF GTI PERFORMANCE TSI            3    Hatchback    2.0 litre    2013 - 2013
Driving - MK7 GTD, 5 Door, CSG, DSG, Santiago's

Offline Blades72

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 25 September 2013, 11:47 »
Knowing what insurance companies are like im surprise they didnt see the pp as an excuse to jack up the price

It's old ground but I have forgotten which one of these options I need to select for insurance quote.

VOLKSWAGEN GOLF GTI PERFORMANCE LAUNCH TSI    3    Hatchback    2.0 litre    2013 - 2013
    VOLKSWAGEN GOLF GTI PERFORMANCE TSI            3    Hatchback    2.0 litre    2013 - 2013

Thinks it's the bottom one Dully.
This is the one i got a quote on: 2013 VW GOLF GTI PERFORMANCE TSI 1984CC PETROL 5DR MANUAL.
Gone :Mk7 GTI with Performance Pack, Pure White, Dynaudio & Extended Warranty.
Arrived: Mk7.5 PP DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 25 September 2013, 11:50 »

This is the one i got a quote on: 2013 VW GOLF GTI PERFORMANCE TSI 1984CC PETROL 5DR MANUAL.

That's my hunch, think the launch versions were the demo models etc that had no ADC

Offline Ian.C

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 25 September 2013, 12:14 »

Yep im sure you are correct.....Noticed you are in Lincoln....there are a few NE Lincs members of here now.

Ian
3 Door - Pure White - PP

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 25 September 2013, 12:27 »

This strange, don't know if anybody else has compared a quote for both cars, but I have just spun it through Confused and the safer version of the car with ADC is £3 more expensive  :whistle:

Offline Dully

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 25 September 2013, 12:28 »

Yep im sure you are correct.....Noticed you are in Lincoln....there are a few NE Lincs members of here now.

Ian

Yeah there is, getting mine from Marshall at Scunny though as lincoln didn't seem that interested!

Offline Blades72

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 25 September 2013, 12:32 »

Ian

Yeah there is, getting mine from Marshall at Scunny though as lincoln didn't seem that interested!

I'm surprised to hear that Dully. I managed to get 10% off from Lincoln and the lad couldn't of been more helpful (maybe I dropped lucky the day I went in?)
Gone :Mk7 GTI with Performance Pack, Pure White, Dynaudio & Extended Warranty.
Arrived: Mk7.5 PP DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline Ian.C

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 25 September 2013, 12:37 »
Must agree I got a negative vibe from VW Lincoln aswell....Mine I coming from Marshell's in Grimsby 10% discount.
Im being lead to understand my build will be confirmed this week for a BW42

Ian
3 Door - Pure White - PP