Author Topic: Car polish - Whats best?  (Read 7155 times)

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
Re: Car polish - Whats best?
« Reply #20 on: 10 July 2005, 10:45 »
me too Dan pm sent
I use Autoglym and find it brings mine up really nice but doesn't last very long before it fades but Autosmart stuff is really good proffesional stuff and it's pretty cheap too.

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #21 on: 10 July 2005, 10:49 »
have sent you a pm bud, can i get a sample?  :smiley:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #22 on: 11 July 2005, 17:37 »
I just tried the new Autoglym Ultra deep shine on mine yesterday. It's meant for darker colours, but after reading it worked well on a gold car I gave it a go. Down to halfords and £11.99 lighter...

Goes on easy enough. I have a habit of putting far too much on in one time :D Used 1 perfect polishing cloth to put it on and another perfect polishing cloth to remove it. Car now looks awesome. It defiently removes those tiny scratches left by bushes when I park in them at work and leaves the rest of the car looking extremely clean.

Highly recommended! Now to do the glass tonight with none other than Autoglyms clear glass polish and another hoover out as I'm up to my parents next week.

I've also tried the Mequairs liquid gold which also works well, but I found a lot harder to remove if you leave it on the paintwork too long. Their little pad does a great job on putting it on properly and evenly. Might be worth buying those to use with other polishes/waxes.
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 21 July 2005, 21:53 »
i also have just tried the autoglym ultra deep shine, meant for dark cars....mines black can you get darker?!!? anyway its good stuff, not sure how much better than the normal autoglym but i like it and will use it from now on i think!
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 21 July 2005, 22:41 »
yeh ive settled for ultra deep shine.

Leave a deep shine on the blue wagon. makes it stand out really well.
:)

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 21 July 2005, 22:45 »
i tell you what, because of the sh!tty hosepipe ban round here, i went to the nearest jet wash to get my car all nice for bugjam and it was frickin awesome! not sure what "brand" of jetwash it was but my car came up amazingly clean and it has several different types of evrything. best £4 i've ever spent on a car wash!
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 21 July 2005, 22:49 »
what hosepipe ban. :wink: :tongue: :lipsrsealed:

dont use the brush they supply. take your own spung with you!
:)

Offline gstar-dubworld

• GTI forum regular
  • Here comes the piano man - his a peaceful man..
« Reply #27 on: 23 July 2005, 16:13 »
You will find our Swissol price list via the link below..

http://www.gstar-dubworld.co.uk/swissol.htm

Starter kits from £69.90
Entry Level Kits from £110.00

One application can last up to three months, next year at the shows we are looking to provide demo's, if anyone in the mean time would want a panel doing for free at a show then come and see us, one kit can last up to 2 years or 40 applications.

I never try and sell this polish because to me personally it a question of believing rather then selling, if you see the effect and believe in it then you will not return to previous product, the only two products I do recommend are Swissol & Zymol, there is also a long history between these two products.

Any questions come and see us at the shows, our black GTi has only been cleansed and polished with Swissol once this year and that was at the start of the Spring Festival @ Santa Pod back in April, no further applications since, come an throw some water at it, it will tell you a story.

Offline Deefadog

• I live here
  • Mk2 16V (November 89)
« Reply #28 on: 26 July 2005, 12:52 »
I am going to try the autoglym ultra deep shine this weekend!

I tried the tutlewax coulor stuff and it matched my car perfect on the bottle, but when dried it went very light, no point in using it!

Hope the autglym does better!
My 89 16v  /  Essential golf links

Offline Organisys

• I live here
  • Old and Slow...
« Reply #29 on: 26 July 2005, 13:14 »
OK, got me some Autoglym Ultra deep shine at the Bromley Car Pagent a few weeks back. Used it last weekend to polish and remove some bush scratches I put all over the car after driving down an over grown country lane with the mrs. (don't ask!  :shocked:).

Anyway, comes up really well. Little more tricky to remove than the regular stuff. Removed al the scratches ok. Try not to put too much on like dizzie says.

My car is Royal Blue mettalic, and it there are far fewer swirl marks, than with the regular polish.

Also, I used a polishing machine for the first time, which works out well, because it gives you more time/energy to work on the fiddly/detailed bits.

... it's turned into a fashion show for poofters.