Author Topic: Screen Washer jets on new GTI terrible  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Screen Washer jets on new GTI terrible
« on: 26 September 2018, 13:13 »
Anybody else had issues with the screen washer nozzles ? My new GTI is only 5 months old, and I've always used VW's own screen wash, but the spray pattern from the windscreen jets is very poor indeed (never really noticed it when new as we had all the good weather so I never really used the washers).

Are they adjustable or would they need replacing under warranty (anyone had any success on that last part) ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Screen Washer jets on new GTI terrible
« Reply #1 on: 26 September 2018, 14:26 »
They are adjustable but just up and down. If they aren't spraying properly have you checked for wax or polish blocking the fan jets?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
Re: Screen Washer jets on new GTI terrible
« Reply #2 on: 27 September 2018, 14:17 »
Mine were terrible and I adjusted them and they are much better now. Don't go too high though as at a standstill you will spray the car behind. If you go too low at speed they will just spray the bottom of the screen. Just adjust by small amounts until you get it spot on.