Author Topic: my scirocco gt2 ( soon to be a valver )  (Read 59693 times)

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
Re: my scirocco gt2 ( mot test fail :/ )
« Reply #50 on: 26 May 2011, 23:56 »
so i took the rocco in for its mot today and sad to report it failed but it failed on things i thaught were fine and evrything i expected it to fail on got passed...

however it only failed on 1 ball joint, 1 c.v boot, a seat runner rubber and a tiny patch of rust that needs repairing around my front jacking point...

so in all quite happy with the outcome considering what i paid for the car.

i allready have a cv boot waiting to go on and i can get some seat rubbers without a problem so i only need to buy a ball joint then weld up around the jacking point and job's a gud'n.

updates on tommorow's work to come though as i may be hopefully starting a grille idea that has been thaught of so gunna give that a try in the morning

if in doubt go flat out

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: my scirocco gt2
« Reply #51 on: 27 May 2011, 00:25 »
Not too much needed for the mot then, :afro:

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #52 on: 27 May 2011, 17:59 »
it must go better after sorting the carb out?!?!

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #53 on: 27 May 2011, 18:02 »
Its not too bad at going any way

Offline cняis

• I live here
« Reply #54 on: 27 May 2011, 18:05 »
Its not too bad at going any way

yeh as i've bleeted on about time and time again, my old GT2 with weber carb went like stink  :cool: :grin:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #55 on: 27 May 2011, 18:07 »
I would say its quicker than a standard 8v gti

Offline cняis

• I live here
« Reply #56 on: 27 May 2011, 18:15 »
I would say its quicker than a standard 8v gti

tbh mine felt as fast as my old 8v gti, even though in standard form they have 90bhp compared to 112bhp in the golf. I'm guessing the rocco is a bit lighter plus the weber carb sh!ts all over the pierburg original one.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #57 on: 27 May 2011, 18:23 »
I would say the rocco is a bit more streamline with its low roof. There nice but I preferre my golf.

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
« Reply #58 on: 27 May 2011, 23:17 »
got the cv boot and seat rubbers done today now all thats needed is the ball joint wich will be here tomorow then weld wich is tommorow...

and chris it definatey sounds allot more throatier but i hav'nt had a chance to see if its any quicker yet as i had a fuel problem yesterday so couldn't open it up without it dying......

also fitted a swirl pot today wich has help allot as my fuelproperly primes now and the air has gone from the filter aswell as now i have a fuel return my pump isn't having to struggle and force fuel thru my carb when its not needed

if in doubt go flat out

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
« Reply #59 on: 30 May 2011, 14:34 »
got my new ball joint fitted wich was a pain in the ars as it was rivitted on so had to get out the grinder and sort that out and my new one is now fitted with bolts so thats now sorted...

seats fixed, c.v boot fixed but unfortunately i didn't have enuf time to get the welding done and be at the test station before it closed so still not mot for me :(...

however its gave me the time to get the welding done without a rush job so happy about that but because of it being a bank holiday weekend i can't get in for a re-test untill i'm back at home from work on friday.....

so all being well and if there is no more complications i will be back on the road friday and ready in time for a day at skegvagus

if in doubt go flat out