Author Topic: Golf GTI 1.8 20v(non turbo) Black(Silver center console)  (Read 7640 times)

Offline avengedslayer

• I live here
OK bought this today, VW golf GTI 1.8 20v (non turbo), 125,000 miles with 12 months MOT and recently serviced. Got it at a bargain price of £1100 as its in a bit of a sorry state, Scratched, dirty interior, bonnet not sat correct, drivers side door card wripped and passanger sun visor missing, Car looked tatty but i looked beyond this as its mostly cosmetic and with little expense and abit of hard polishing i can get it looking great again!  :smiley:

« Last Edit: 09 April 2011, 20:53 by avengedslayer »

Offline avengedslayer

• I live here
Re: Golf GTI 1.8 20v(non turbo) Black
« Reply #1 on: 01 April 2011, 22:56 »
Wonder what actually causes the door handles to get that scratched, its got remote central locking lol! :smiley:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #2 on: 02 April 2011, 00:02 »
Looks ok for the money, with a little love will be ace.

Good choice as well. :smiley:

Offline vdubman

• I live here
  • its not a polo-its a mini golf :-)
« Reply #3 on: 02 April 2011, 00:21 »
wax on wax off and she'll be a stunner dude,noticed the radio-cd has black surrounds unlike the 1.8t that has fake wood,the black looks so much better.

anthony

Offline avengedslayer

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 02 April 2011, 00:26 »
Yea prob is think a previous owner was a smoker, got that horrible stale smell and sticky grab handels ect...., lucky for me iv been on the detailing section :). Hope it doesnt rain tom as i can polish her up :)

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #5 on: 02 April 2011, 06:56 »
As you said a good clean and polish will make a big difference should clean up look forward to seeing what you do with it  :wink:
Golf Gti

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #6 on: 02 April 2011, 14:54 »
Was the last owner a Lion or summit  :shocked:

But yeah, agreed, good wash and alot of polish and wax could look :cool:

Offline avengedslayer

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 02 April 2011, 15:11 »
OK had quite a busy day so far, first thing went to garage to get them to check why my reverse goes forward and also why first gear is such a fight to get into! They told me its likely to be an internal gearbox problem, UNCOOL! On route home dissapointed about this news i decided to get my exaust heat shield refitted as it was rattling baaaad on idle, job done, also cost me a new tyre and tracckking while i was there but meh best be road legal.

Got the father inlaw to check my gears for me and he found this.........

relief its not a gear box issue, just a cheap plastic bit thats snapped, anyway as a temperary measure he did this for me and works a treat  :smiley:

Offline opel

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 02 April 2011, 15:41 »
good news mate it always a downer when you just brought a new car and it goes wrong but it looks gud mate keep up the good work

Offline avengedslayer

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 02 April 2011, 15:42 »
OK so weather picked up and got time to give her a well needed clean and polish  :smiley:

Really happy with the results and the scratches are barely visable :)