Author Topic: The non Monza wheel thread.  (Read 222800 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
The non Monza wheel thread.
« on: 26 December 2009, 12:04 »
Wheels that are not monza or monza type wheel thread.  :wink:
For the non monza shadow fans :wink:
« Last Edit: 27 May 2011, 11:17 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline p3eps

• I live here
Re: The non Monza wheel thread.
« Reply #1 on: 26 December 2009, 13:27 »
I'm not a monza fan either!
I'm getting the R wheels in black - but if I was picking ANY set of wheels I doubt they'd be my first choice. 
I have to say the R wheels are growing on me... but if I was to pick any 19" wheel just now it'd probably be Neils VWR ones cause they look  :cool:
They look very similar to MTM Bi-moto's - which is what I was going to buy if I'd gone for an S3!
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #2 on: 26 December 2009, 13:30 »

Please add more if you have any.

« Last Edit: 17 September 2012, 20:39 by Neil gti »
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 26 December 2009, 13:33 »
Neil - go edit that so that you're not quoting Snoopy's photos please!  Its a hell of an amount to scroll through twice!!!

I love this car - so heres my contribution so far:

Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #4 on: 26 December 2009, 17:21 »
^ The current update from VW is any order that was placed on the system before the 1st of December, and registed before end of Feb.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 26 December 2009, 17:24 »
^ The current update from VW is any order that was placed on the system before the 1st of December, and registed before end of Feb.

Wow... VW covered their a55es pretty tightly with this one then.  They'll be paying out few VAT claims as their production is struggling just now and most models are taking 3-5 months to come through!

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #6 on: 26 December 2009, 18:01 »
Great thread :smiley: Nice to see all those GTIs without the ghastly Monzas (thanks for putting mine in pole position, BTW :wink:) I don't understand why VAG produce so many beautiful wheels, but force the 'unique' Monza style on would-be GTI owners. If I hadn't been able to change my wheels, it would probably have put me off ordering the car all together.

Yes, I think they are that bad [/application_chair_non-Monza club]

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 26 December 2009, 18:10 »
Great thread :smiley: Nice to see all those GTIs without the ghastly Monzas (thanks for putting mine in pole position, BTW :wink:) I don't understand why VAG produce so many beautiful wheels, but force the 'unique' Monza style on would-be GTI owners. If I hadn't been able to change my wheels, it would probably have put me off ordering the car all together.

Yes, I think they are that bad [/application_chair_non-Monza club]

Yep... I agree totally.  If I'd been ordering a GTI I would have been taking the 18" Monza Shadows and eBaying them for something else!  I don't know why they don't give potential owners a choice of at LEAST one other style of wheel.  What interested me in the ED30 over the GTI (when I knew nothing about the engine differences) was the wheels because I don't like the Monzas!

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #8 on: 26 December 2009, 18:21 »
The monza shadows do nothing for me but the monza 17s will do for winter wheels :evil:

...and you can always buy some of these to hide the ugliness :embarassed:

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #9 on: 26 December 2009, 18:30 »
Yep, I think your original post shows just about all the non-Monza GTIs in existence...

These are quite possibly the most gorgeous wheels EVER: