Author Topic: Downloading POI's (e.g. Speed Cameras)  (Read 2862 times)

Offline DrivenToDistraction

• Not said much yet
Re: Downloading POI's (e.g. Speed Cameras)
« Reply #20 on: 18 March 2022, 11:00 »
Ive received my SD card..

The only trouble is, it wont get downloaded into the car!?

Ive put it in the slot, it says new info etc, it says download, I press download..but nothing happens!

Anybody have any ideas please? Could it just be a duff card?

Im no youngster..so not great with "tech"..but I got my daughters boyfriend to install it (using the instructions) he got the same result as me...ie nothing! lol!

If he followed the instructions (that should have come with the SD card), then it should work. From memory, you have to go to Nav/settings/manage memory/update My POIs (SD/USB). When downloaded you also have to select the speedcam POI files that you have just installed..  nav/settings/map/show POIs/select categories for POIs, then scroll down to the bottom of the list and tick the relevant boxes. You can then remove the SD card. If that doesn't work, contact the seller..

My only (small) issue with this method is that the warning sound I get when approaching a speed camera is more of a "glug" noise than a "beep". Still, better than nothing..

Offline marley

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 18 March 2022, 13:31 »
Ive received my SD card..

The only trouble is, it wont get downloaded into the car!?

Ive put it in the slot, it says new info etc, it says download, I press download..but nothing happens!

Anybody have any ideas please? Could it just be a duff card?

Im no youngster..so not great with "tech"..but I got my daughters boyfriend to install it (using the instructions) he got the same result as me...ie nothing! lol!

If he followed the instructions (that should have come with the SD card), then it should work. From memory, you have to go to Nav/settings/manage memory/update My POIs (SD/USB). When downloaded you also have to select the speedcam POI files that you have just installed..  nav/settings/map/show POIs/select categories for POIs, then scroll down to the bottom of the list and tick the relevant boxes. You can then remove the SD card. If that doesn't work, contact the seller..

My only (small) issue with this method is that the warning sound I get when approaching a speed camera is more of a "glug" noise than a "beep". Still, better than nothing..

I did follow the instructions.

It says, new data , then when you press update...not much happens! After a few minutes, it says no data found?!

Offline marley

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 18 March 2022, 13:51 »
"Hopefully"! some pics will be on this post..

https://i.postimg.cc/cLWvF5Wm/satnav-6.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/5t6QzQbd/satnav-3.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/vByMsCPq/satnav-1.jpg

Hopefully the pics have been downloaded, and it may explain a little better !?

https://i.postimg.cc/MpXp3k41/satnav-2.jpg

Offline marley

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 20 March 2022, 20:13 »
Im such a numpty!

The reason I couldnt get the S.D. card to work in my car....was because I bought the wrong one! Doh!

My car has a Discover Pro , apparently they need different files/data or whatever!. I messaged the seller I bought it from today. Fair play to him, he asked me for a pic of my unit, I sent it to him, then he said it was the wrong card I bought! So he sent me over the files via e-mail, I deleted the POI on the SD card, then put the new file he sent me via e-mail onto the SD card...Bingo!

It updated nicely in seconds...job done!

If anybody else buys one of these cards, make sure you dont buy the wrong one..................Like this numpty did lol!

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 20 March 2022, 21:48 »
Im such a numpty!

The reason I couldnt get the S.D. card to work in my car....was because I bought the wrong one! Doh!

My car has a Discover Pro , apparently they need different files/data or whatever!. I messaged the seller I bought it from today. Fair play to him, he asked me for a pic of my unit, I sent it to him, then he said it was the wrong card I bought! So he sent me over the files via e-mail, I deleted the POI on the SD card, then put the new file he sent me via e-mail onto the SD card...Bingo!

If anybody else buys one of these cards, make sure you dont buy the wrong one..................Like this numpty did lol!
bit strange seeing as though pro and discover both use the same maps and also the same POIs. As long as it's working though 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline marley

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 21 March 2022, 08:27 »
Im such a numpty!

Yes, the main thing is as long as it works!  lol!

Could it maybe be because, on the Pro, the S.D. card doesnt need to be in the "slot" the same time as the "updated" P.O.I S D card?  (Hmmm maybe Im clutching at straws and overthinking it?!!).It works thats the main thing!

bit strange seeing as though pro and discover both use the same maps and also the same POIs. As long as it's working though 👍

Could it maybe be because, on the Pro, the S.D. card doesnt need to be in the "slot" the same time as the "updated" P.O.I S D card?  (Hmmm maybe Im clutching at straws and overthinking it?!!).It works thats the main thing!
« Last Edit: 21 March 2022, 08:39 by marley »