Author Topic: Golf mk4  (Read 1006 times)

Offline evc89

• Just got here
Golf mk4
« on: 25 November 2015, 14:43 »
Hi, my name is Emma and I've recently joined this forum, so this is all very new to me.
I've always loved mk4 golf's, but unfortunately I've had nothing but problems with them :-/
A few weeks ago I took my 1.6 off the road and bought myself what I've always wanted, a golf 1.8 gti :-) unfortunately it's driving mad....

The alarm constantly goes off, I've tried locking it with the button and just the key in the door and it still goes off non stop.
The drivers door has dropped so I'm not sure if that's related to the problem, however I've noticed it only happens on flat road, if it's parked at home (on a hill and slanted on the curb) it never happens, but anywhere else it goes off.
My only options are to leave it unlocked (which I'm obviously not going to do) or to lock it and just leave the alarm blaring,  which is what I've been having to do and I'm fed up with the dodgy looks from people now :-/ lol.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: Golf mk4
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2015, 18:16 »
Hi and welcome :afro:

Have you tried turning off the interior sensors when you lock the car? There should be a button on the right down the side of the seat which you press then shut the door then lock as normal

Give this a go and see how you get on, you may find it's a faulty interior sensor

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
« Reply #2 on: 25 November 2015, 18:39 »
Good shout my man. I've got it in mind that will perhaps show up on a proper vagcom scan?
Perhaps also check puddle lights in doors come on/go off with doors open/closed. Could be dodgy door latch switch confusing central locking ;-)

Build thread clicky

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #3 on: 25 November 2015, 20:33 »
Where are you Emma?

Sounds like it could be iffy door micro switch. You can look up the switch states with VCDS, I can check that for you if you are near me (or near where I travel for work).
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles