Author Topic: Mountune Smartflash  (Read 1488 times)

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
Mountune Smartflash
« on: 07 February 2024, 16:20 »
Has anyone used this on the MK7? Looks great, and lots of feedback on the Ford forums...

And are they actually still trading? I cannot get any answers from facebook, insta or email... Which as a warning sign in itself...

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
Re: Mountune Smartflash
« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2024, 22:08 »
Has anyone used this on the MK7? Looks great, and lots of feedback on the Ford forums...

And are they actually still trading? I cannot get any answers from facebook, insta or email... Which as a warning sign in itself...

Racingline also now do a pcm similar thing this would be my choice tbh
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline jh_97

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 07 February 2024, 22:31 »
Been looking at the Mountune for a little while, the convenience of it and the return to stock option are big pros, but struggling to find anything about it online aside from on the Mountune website. RacingLine however, lots of videos, reviews etc about their stuff, and yeah they're now offering a similar package, albeit I assume at a higher price.
2018 GTI PP DSG, Pure White, graphite Sevilles, Art Velours

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #3 on: 08 February 2024, 08:34 »
Yeah, been looking at the racingline, much more expensive...
And you need a Windows laptop, which I don't...

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #4 on: 08 February 2024, 16:46 »
Reply from Mountune... They say the low torque map is between 300-350NM, considering stock is 350, I'm left wondering...

Offline fin45cs

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 08 February 2024, 21:29 »
 I had my 7.5 gti mapped using Mountune hand set. I can tell you with all honesty, it totally transformed the car. The delivery of power and torque is unbelievable. I ran the map along with their induction kit. Which i recommend, to get everything out of the install.
I did have some issues with the handset to begin with, this was due to them supplying an R handset, not GTI. But they were really helpful in dealing with the issue. I could have had it swapped , but decided to let them send me down the correct file and installed it onto the handset then onto the car. From then on it was faultless.
My car was the GTI pp. It upped the BHP from 245, to around 310 ish. Massive gain in my eyes. I sold the car back last yr, May time i think, and bought a mk8 clubsport. I reckon the GTI was as quick, if not a little quicker.
A note of caution, i did the remap almost 3 yrs ago. Since then i know that they have now dropped the 57 brand which was their vw part of the mountune brand and they just have it all under one name now.
Not had any dealings lately with them, so do your homework and research before buying.

Hope this helps a little. If Mountune were to release a map for the mk8 clubsport, dont know if they have, because of how impressive the map was on my 7.5 i would definitely sound them out.

Offline gfmr89

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 09 February 2024, 04:56 »
I had my 7.5 gti mapped using Mountune hand set. I can tell you with all honesty, it totally transformed the car. The delivery of power and torque is unbelievable. I ran the map along with their induction kit. Which i recommend, to get everything out of the install.
I did have some issues with the handset to begin with, this was due to them supplying an R handset, not GTI. But they were really helpful in dealing with the issue. I could have had it swapped , but decided to let them send me down the correct file and installed it onto the handset then onto the car. From then on it was faultless.
My car was the GTI pp. It upped the BHP from 245, to around 310 ish. Massive gain in my eyes. I sold the car back last yr, May time i think, and bought a mk8 clubsport. I reckon the GTI was as quick, if not a little quicker.
A note of caution, i did the remap almost 3 yrs ago. Since then i know that they have now dropped the 57 brand which was their vw part of the mountune brand and they just have it all under one name now.
Not had any dealings lately with them, so do your homework and research before buying.

Hope this helps a little. If Mountune were to release a map for the mk8 clubsport, dont know if they have, because of how impressive the map was on my 7.5 i would definitely sound them out.

Thank you for the information. The mountune map and induction kit has been on my radar for a while.

Was your car DSG or manual? And was it easy to flash your car back to stock?

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #7 on: 09 February 2024, 07:24 »

thanks for the info. It's good to get real worried feedback.. how customisable is the torque outputs? The website implies that it is quite adjustable using the app...

Offline jh_97

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 09 February 2024, 07:50 »
Did you try running with and without the air intake?
2018 GTI PP DSG, Pure White, graphite Sevilles, Art Velours

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #9 on: 09 February 2024, 14:54 »
Looks like there are 3 torque maps and can be toggled on the fly:
https://www.instagram.com/p/ChCpsdyDwb6/