Author Topic: Decals and wheel centre cap sizes  (Read 1880 times)

Offline jh_97

• GTI forum regular
Re: Decals and wheel centre cap sizes
« Reply #10 on: 01 December 2023, 07:12 »
No problem. I decided to bite the bullet and get the TCR ones, there's some for a smidge under £80 on Amazon. I got some from eBay first for £40, but wouldn't recommend that seller (who has others at £45) as the ones I recieved didn't match the listing, they turned up covered in scratches and paint chips, genuinly no idea how they even got as bad as they were..!
2018 GTI PP DSG, Pure White, graphite Sevilles, Art Velours

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 01 December 2023, 08:40 »
Interesting. I’m still sitting on the fence but if I do buy it will be “new” which seems to attract anything from 80 to 100 from sellers.
Any chance of a photo when fitted?
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline jh_97

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 01 December 2023, 09:54 »
Haven't fitted them yet, need some time to get the wheels off. Here they are just stuck on

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 01 December 2023, 12:40 »
Thanks for that.
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline jh_97

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 30 January 2024, 19:03 »
Frequently you can pull a wheel centre out by using a sucker or a suction cup. They can be bought on Amazon and are sold for sticking to glass or shower doors to hang objects. The type with suction cups you stick by pulling the lever/arm on them don’t work. The type that you wet and stick down seem to work better. They don’t work on all centres but more often than not they do and save risking damage or the bother of taking the wheel off. They only cost a couple of pounds. I bought them from Amazon The two types I have are 40mm, called Besocute and the others are 20mm round suction cups. Usually one of the two work better on a particular centre and it’s not obvious why. If you have Prime they are next day delivery. I have used them on oem VW and non oem centres too. Whatever surface you apply the centres on, be sure to wipe it with Isopropyl alcohol first to degrease it. You can buy blank plastic centre caps on eBay and put the stickers on those. They work well and save the originals.

Tried using a couple of random similar ones I had lying around the house. They all only stick to flat surfaces, and the domed centre caps. Did you just press the Besocutes onto the centre cap after cleaning, or is there another step that helps adhesion?