Author Topic: New member searching- clubsport edition40  (Read 4254 times)

Offline tricky401

• Not said much yet
New member searching- clubsport edition40
« on: 07 September 2022, 17:11 »
Good evening all, first post here so please be nice. I’m looking at a golf gti as my next car, originally looking for a PP mk7.5

The more I look at clubsport 40s the more I like them so I would now prefer one of those. I have been looking for a few months and starting to wonder if my ideal spec is like finding a needle in a hay stack

Does anybody have access to how many are made with certain options etc, have seen a few different forums with this for other cars. Or is anybody looking to sell soon and want to give me a heads up.

Ideal spec-

Manual
5 door
Pan roof

Would like but not a deal breaker

DCC
Dynaudio

Also less than 50k mileage and full service history, standard preferred but will consider some mods

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: New member searching- clubsport edition40
« Reply #1 on: 07 September 2022, 18:27 »
There's a black one in the classifieds - https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=288777.0

Probably gone now but worth asking.

According to how many left, there were 230 manual Edition 40s taxed and sorn in the first quarter of this year. I doubt there's a way of narrowing it by options but I'd have thought a sunroof was a reasonably rare option given the more performance orientation of the CS40. If you want to get a car without waiting an age for the perfect spec, you'll need to be really flexible on spec and concentrate on condition. Good luck :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline tricky401

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 07 September 2022, 20:22 »
Watts

Many thanks for the reply. Yep I fear you may be correct and I will have to compromise somewhere. There’s a lovely one for sale in Hinckley in white with everything I want but only 3 door, it’s also been for sale for at least 3 months

Might have to see if it’s big enough for my needs as ideally I want a 5 door

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 08 September 2022, 01:54 »
Have you tried VW's own used car website? May well be cars on there not on Autotrader.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 08 September 2022, 06:46 »
Might have to see if it’s big enough for my needs as ideally I want a 5 door

A three door will be the same size as a five door, but you lose out on practically as it might be more difficult to gain access to the rear seats in a three door (e.g. elderly passengers and getting children in and out of car seats). Also, the longer doors make it more of a squeeze getting in and out of the car in tight parking spaces.

There’ll be those who prefer the looks of a three door over a five door though.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 08 September 2022, 08:58 »
I know the OP doesnt want Recaros but, I have to admit, my 3 dr with Recaros is a nightmare gaining access to the rear seats.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline tricky401

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 08 September 2022, 09:21 »
I would like recaros but it limits the search even more

The one 5 door I have seen with them also looks like the back seats have a lot less room

May just have to wait it out or get a PP gti

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 08 September 2022, 09:58 »
What about a TCR? Love mine 😁
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 08 September 2022, 10:10 »
Hi tricky401

If you're on facebook it's worth joining the VW Golf GTI Edition 40 Owners page as there are often private sales on there. If you post what you're looking for you might get some direct approaches too.

When you're looking, there are a number of imports from Ireland which are really well-specced and therefore more likely to have DCC, Dynaudio and pan roof (and also Recaros which I know you're not too bothered about). Some are registered as imports, but some aren't depending on first registration, but you can tell it's an import if there isn't a numbered plaque on the inside of the driver's door. It depends if that would bother you.
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 08 September 2022, 12:28 »
What about a TCR? Love mine 😁

Great cars, love mine too but the OP wants a manual which I can understand. Perhaps a late 5 door manual R might be worth thinking about? I would probably prefer that to a GTIP for the better engine if I had to.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.