Author Topic: OBD11 or OBD11 Pro ?  (Read 4777 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: OBD11 or OBD11 Pro ?
« Reply #10 on: 24 April 2021, 14:07 »
I'm glad I posted this :grin::grin:. This is exactly the reason, I have no idea what one I need for the battery and there's very little information online

Snap!

I'm wondering whether a Carista would do the trick? I don't want to re-code loads of random things, I only want to code a new battery.
7.5 GTD

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 24 April 2021, 14:32 »
Did a quick Google search and seems like Carista now does battery coding as of Dec 2020. Although I'm not sure which model Carita you needs. Also torn between OBD11 Next Gen and Carista for use on iOS

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #12 on: 24 April 2021, 16:22 »
I got OBDEleven Pro (next gen dongle which supposedly can support other brands in the future too) in addition to VCDS and VCP.

I'd never use any of their apps, more often then not they go wrong. Just code things manually, for this you need the pro addition.

It takes all of 5 minutes to manually code in a battery.
It's only 4 adaptation channels (battery manufacturer - irrelevant really; battery technology - efb, agm, wet; battery capacity and battery serial number) after all.
If you fit the same battery type with the same capacity even only just one, the serial number will require a change (adding a 1 will do the trick).
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 24 April 2021, 16:41 »
I've seen numerous people on here lately saying you need Pro to code the battery. You do NOT.

Pro is better, yes, but for scanning codes, a new battery, you don't need it, so save your 20 quid

Really? You can't use adaptations without the pro licence and there is no App for the battery. How can you code it with the basic unit?

I think the adaptations for the battery you can alter without the Pro. I mean, maybe my app glitched and let me do it. But I don't have Pro, and I've done the battery a couple of months ago. Gen 1 unit

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 25 April 2021, 18:40 »

I think the adaptations for the battery you can alter without the Pro. I mean, maybe my app glitched and let me do it. But I don't have Pro, and I've done the battery a couple of months ago. Gen 1 unit

Only reason I queried it was my mate has one without the pro Licence and he said he couldn't do it and asked me to use mine to do it.

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 26 April 2021, 20:04 »
I've messaged OBDeleven to find out the answer to this debate  :grin:

Thanks for the tip on buying a standard one and upgrading after to pro after if needed. Good way to save a few quid!

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 26 April 2021, 22:19 »
As far as I know, there is no debate to be had!  :laugh: But yeah, the later upgrade route is the best way to go. Can get the Gen 1 unit off Amazon if that's what you're after

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 27 April 2021, 18:14 »
Unfortunately I have an iPhone and iPad so can't get the cheapest option :grin:

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 28 April 2021, 14:53 »
I messaged them and they seem to say you need the Pro to code a new batteries. I'm still going to buy the standard as it's cheaper to buy that and then a pro pass instead of both in one go :tongue:. I'll be sure to test it out and see if battery coding works on the standard and update this thread. Would be good if it does work on the standard as then that'll be enough for my OBD11 uses and I won't need to spend any more money

Does anyone know if I'm going to have to pay import charges on it, as it's comes from Lithuania?.
« Last Edit: 28 April 2021, 15:03 by Lordie »

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 29 April 2021, 09:32 »
I messaged them and they seem to say you need the Pro to code a new batteries. I'm still going to buy the standard as it's cheaper to buy that and then a pro pass instead of both in one go :tongue:. I'll be sure to test it out and see if battery coding works on the standard and update this thread. Would be good if it does work on the standard as then that'll be enough for my OBD11 uses and I won't need to spend any more money

Does anyone know if I'm going to have to pay import charges on it, as it's comes from Lithuania?.

The reason it came from Lithuania was why I bought from Amazon, that's right, I remember now. The second gen is on amazon as well?

Interesting what they say about needing Pro to code batteries. I'll have to double check mine to see if the settings actually took!  :laugh: