Author Topic: Carista - available options  (Read 11567 times)

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
Re: Carista - available options
« Reply #50 on: 04 May 2021, 18:45 »
Above is of interest to us as wifey has to do this as she has to reverse slightly uphill and is a shortarse so needs the door open - however all she does is take off the parking brake once it activates (leaving the autohold active) but the boings keeps going which is a little annoying. Do you mean take off autohold or parking brake? If you mean autohold does the boings noise still occur as never tried this variation?
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline Popinman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #51 on: 04 May 2021, 21:12 »
I don’t think you can. But if you turn off the Auto Hold (the button behind the parking brake) it won’t do it.

Ah ok, didn’t know that, thanks, a partial solution then.
2018 GTi PP Indium Grey

Offline Popinman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #52 on: 04 May 2021, 21:15 »
Above is of interest to us as wifey has to do this as she has to reverse slightly uphill and is a shortarse so needs the door open - however all she does is take off the parking brake once it activates (leaving the autohold active) but the boings keeps going which is a little annoying. Do you mean take off autohold or parking brake? If you mean autohold does the boings noise still occur as never tried this variation?

Yeah, was the auto hold side of it, I can live with the boings going off, it’s the fact of having to release the auto hold as soon as you open the door to take a look. Looks like I’ll just need to live with it.
2018 GTi PP Indium Grey

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #53 on: 10 May 2021, 17:54 »
I have the beta but it took me hours to list all the options on the paid version! So far as I can tell it’s just variations of existing settings. The one I really want is to toggle Stop/Start so that it’s off by default but apparently VW doesn’t support this. You can only hack it to stop it ever kicking in, which I also don’t want as I do use it very occasionally.

Mutley75  - As I find stop/start a bloody nuisance (far too sensitive for my liking) I would be happy to switch it off via carista - I think I saw the options but have a feeling it did not work when i tried it a while back  - did you ever try it/get it to switch off and can you recall what method worked as I know there are sometimes various methods to try?
cheers
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline martin998877

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #54 on: 21 May 2021, 07:39 »
I know they said it is difficult, but i do wish they could code the option to have front fog lights on with headlight full beam.

As others have said it's important to sign up for the beta version, probably 5 x as many options to play around with.
Golf GTi Mark 7 owner

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #55 on: 24 May 2021, 17:14 »
I have the beta but it took me hours to list all the options on the paid version! So far as I can tell it’s just variations of existing settings. The one I really want is to toggle Stop/Start so that it’s off by default but apparently VW doesn’t support this. You can only hack it to stop it ever kicking in, which I also don’t want as I do use it very occasionally.

Mutley75  - As I find stop/start a bloody nuisance (far too sensitive for my liking) I would be happy to switch it off via carista - I think I saw the options but have a feeling it did not work when i tried it a while back  - did you ever try it/get it to switch off and can you recall what method worked as I know there are sometimes various methods to try?
cheers
was it the temperature method? That got changed to the voltage method, which then got removed al together in 2019, there’s also removing the wires from the SOC on the battery, and there’s also memory modules on eBay