Author Topic: 150 TDI owners stand up and be counted!  (Read 12430 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: 150 TDI owners stand up and be counted!
« Reply #10 on: 26 February 2019, 21:02 »
Hi
I bought a 2016 GT TDI bluemotion yesterday,  brilliant car with plenty of grunt for my needs.  Love the DSG box and the upgraded alloys that suit the car so well

Welcome back gizzywizzy. I remember you from your mk6 GTI days; if my memory serves me right, you moved on to a L/R Evoque after the GTI. 

Enjoy your Golf :smiley:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 26 February 2019, 21:27 »
I remember my Mk5 GT TDi fondly. Suited my needs, and i'd have had no qualms having the Mk7 version if it weren't for the fact that by the time i'd added all the options I wanted it ended up being more expensive than the GTD.

That's the main issue with buying these new; a well specced version doesn't make a lot of sense compared to a GTD or a SEAT Leon. You need to find a used one that the previous owner loaded up to get good value. And those are not that common.
7.5 GTD

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 27 February 2019, 06:01 »
Welcome back gizzy!

Tell us a bit more about your new Golf, what spec etc is it?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #13 on: 27 February 2019, 21:07 »
Hi
I bought a 2016 GT TDI bluemotion yesterday,  brilliant car with plenty of grunt for my needs.  Love the DSG box and the upgraded alloys that suit the car so well

Welcome back gizzywizzy. I remember you from your mk6 GTI days; if my memory serves me right, you moved on to a L/R Evoque after the GTI. 

Enjoy your Golf :smiley:

Lol you do have a good memory!  I did indeed move onto an Evoque which was a nice car but not as well built as a VW.  Recently been knocking around in an Astra SRI until I could get back into a VW.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #14 on: 27 February 2019, 21:15 »
Welcome back gizzy!

Thanks Exonian, so it’s a deep black pearl 5 door 2.0 GT TDI Bluemotion with DSG, has Serron alloys, front assist, sat nav, front and rear parking sensors, front and rear electric windows and auto lights and wipers.  Best thing £30 road tax lol
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 28 February 2019, 13:05 »
Welcome back gizzy!

Thanks Exonian, so it’s a deep black pearl 5 door 2.0 GT TDI Bluemotion with DSG, has Serron alloys, front assist, sat nav, front and rear parking sensors, front and rear electric windows and auto lights and wipers.  Best thing £30 road tax lol

I knew it’d have to be black!
The Serron alloys always look nice, definitely one of the better mk7 wheel designs, I’m far from keen on most of the current factory alloy wheel offerings.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner