Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287643 times)

Offline antogoof

• I live here
  • bbm mk2 g60
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #930 on: 28 March 2010, 09:32 »
tell you what, even if you dont like jenson button, you are gonna have to start!

drove a fantastic race, changed his tyres at the right time off his own back, then when everyone else was using thier tyres up he was looking after his and drove it home.

after seeing that and the "champions drive" last year in brazil, you have to say its gonna be 3 or 4 championships for him.

cracking race. :smiley:
mk2 bright blue met bits wanted in north west.

Offline antogoof

• I live here
  • bbm mk2 g60
« Reply #931 on: 28 March 2010, 09:35 »
being pissy about your team is pointless for hamilton.

maybe if he had put it inside the top ten yesterday he might have had a better race?

he would do well to remember that no one is safe in f1.
mk2 bright blue met bits wanted in north west.

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #932 on: 28 March 2010, 10:23 »
Sounds like a great race.. Gutted I was commuting and had to miss it :(

repeats or i player mate? , not a race to be missed.

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #933 on: 28 March 2010, 11:07 »
Repeated at 1pm on bbc, thats when im guna catch it.

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #934 on: 28 March 2010, 12:06 »
I'm wondering how much of Hamilton's petulance was down to the Webber crash, his tyre issues, the police incident for doing doughnuts or the fact that Jenson did better on race day? He'll do well to sit back and relax a bit more as he does have a LOT of talent...  :rolleyes:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline gooseuk

• Here all the time
  • Diesel is the way forward
« Reply #935 on: 28 March 2010, 12:17 »
Just watched the highlights WOW. I should of woke up for this proper good.

Redbull unlucky again.

Go jenson button.
Diesel power all the way

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #936 on: 28 March 2010, 12:19 »
Hamilton isn't acting like a spoilt child.. if i was him i would be fuming too.. pushing for 3rd and the team call you in for tyres.. make up 1.5sec a lap on the ferraris to get on the back on them, pull a move and then webber takes you out..

I agree Jenson had a good race, but don't take away from what Lewis did today..
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #937 on: 28 March 2010, 12:25 »
I wasn't saying Lewis didn't do well when he was racing - in fact he was awesome, but if he thought he was doing ok on his tyres, why didn't he tell the team "No, I'm happy with my tyres"??? It's the driver's call as much as the teams. Jenson called the race, Lewis didn't. He has the raw speed, but I'm not sure he has the all-round nous to be a multiple world champion.

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #938 on: 28 March 2010, 12:33 »
lewis, cry baby  :cry:

Superb drive by Button, he is the real deal at mclaren  :tongue:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #939 on: 28 March 2010, 15:07 »
What a race! A million times better than Bahrain, but i'm wondering how much of that was due to the weather?? A great drive from Jenson, and what a gamble calling that 1st pit stop!

Hamilton isn't acting like a spoilt child.. if i was him i would be fuming too.. pushing for 3rd and the team call you in for tyres.. make up 1.5sec a lap on the ferraris to get on the back on them, pull a move and then webber takes you out..

I agree Jenson had a good race, but don't take away from what Lewis did today..

+1 I'd be pretty p!ssed off too, by pulling him into the pits it effectively undid all his hard working getting him to where he was! It was a bad call from the team and Hamilton was understandably frustrated by it.

To top it off having Webber plough into the back of you just as you line up the Ferrari..... I think most people would be mad  :angry:

Anybody else find it quite satisfying that Schuey isn't doing very well??  :laugh: