Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654285 times)

Offline CaptainCaveman

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2610 on: 05 May 2015, 21:04 »
Dropped my car off for a respray of the front end. Had a nasty stone chip take the lacquer off the paint work on my bumper  :cry: So getting bumper, bonnet and wings all resprayed,  due to age and mileage the bonnet had picked up its fair share of stone chips (6 years and nearly 80k miles) Here is to hoping the paint match is good as that is my biggest worry!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2611 on: 05 May 2015, 23:32 »
Still pretty expensive for a tiny dent! But yeah prob gonna go with it.

Cheaper than a body shop.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #2612 on: 11 May 2015, 16:57 »
Treated it to a new reg number  :grin: :laugh:  :whistle:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2613 on: 11 May 2015, 19:09 »
Not a lot, but did treat it to a top up of air in the tyres.

Also thought it was broken this morning. Driving off from a site, there was an awful grinding noise from underneath but must have been a tree branch or something caught, all ok 5 mins later.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2614 on: 11 May 2015, 22:27 »
Did that to mine last week but wasn't going to post about it.  :grin:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #2615 on: 11 May 2015, 22:54 »
Did that to mine last week but wasn't going to post about it.  :grin:

Well end of an 15 year pairing, but as she who now no longer needs to be obeyed bought it, it's getting sold and new chapter begins

Add in I will be buying a similar one for the additional purchase  :whistle:

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2616 on: 25 May 2015, 18:56 »

Finally managed to get time amongst all the hospital visits to clean the bugs off the front, Safe to say the bug guard i had fitted did the trick, but its off for now while I order the new pads for it.

So now its fresh and clean and looks slightly odd with out the guard on...

It will be making an appearance again soon, I know its a marmite item but its better than a bonnet bra I think, Which i also have as well.

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2617 on: 25 May 2015, 19:16 »
Car looks stunning mate! That was a hell of a bug collection you'd acquired! Really like the yellow fogs against the white paint.

Not fond of bonnet bras/guards personally, but I understand why you'd fit one. The amount of chips I have to sort on my car is crazy, really hope I can find time soon to get the touch up out.

Out of curiousity what's that bullet spray stuff in the 2nd pic?

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2618 on: 25 May 2015, 19:22 »
Car looks stunning mate! That was a hell of a bug collection you'd acquired! Really like the yellow fogs against the white paint.

Not fond of bonnet bras/guards personally, but I understand why you'd fit one. The amount of chips I have to sort on my car is crazy, really hope I can find time soon to get the touch up out.

Out of curiousity what's that bullet spray stuff in the 2nd pic?

I know, i prefer the bug guard as it doesn't actually sit on the paint work and will hopefully save me in touch ups.

The bullet stuff is a wax that I have been using for years, its brilliant a small amount is diluted with de-ironised water just spray on and wipe away then buff, I like it because its a quick easy detailer.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2619 on: 25 May 2015, 20:30 »
Bug city!!!

One of the few upsides to a black car is the squashed bugs are not so obvious.  But you know they're still there, I use Auto Finesse Citrus Power Bug and Grime Remover to zap their pesky little corpses off the front of the car.

Nooo!  Don't put the bug guard back on, or the bonnet bra  :cry:  Only joking, if it does the job fair enough, if you can live with the ugliness  :tongue:

Anyway, sans bug guard, your car looks gorgeous  :cool:

Finally managed to get time amongst all the hospital visits to clean the bugs off the front, Safe to say the bug guard i had fitted did the trick, but its off for now while I order the new pads for it.

So now its fresh and clean and looks slightly odd with out the guard on...

It will be making an appearance again soon, I know its a marmite item but its better than a bonnet bra I think, Which i also have as well.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual