Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654408 times)

Offline AntGTD

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2490 on: 29 March 2015, 11:10 »
With regards to fitting the mirrors it really shouldn't take that long as for all intense and purposes it is a case of unplug the old and plug in the new. :)

You will need to take the door card of as the mirrors plug into door module near the middle of the door.

Obviously  :grin:

2016 Mk7 Golf GTD 180(ish) Reflex Silver with loads of stuff

Offline AntGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2491 on: 29 March 2015, 11:14 »
(Yesterday)
Picked up some stuff from my local Skoda garage which i use for parts as they give a small yet decent discount.

Puddle lights to fit along with power folding mirrors (when the bloody weather improves!) new folding mirror switch with chrome tip and from eBay a new controller which will give me folding mirror off the remote. Well i think if i have done my research correctly  :smiley:
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD 180(ish) Reflex Silver with loads of stuff

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2492 on: 29 March 2015, 19:11 »
Took my mates mk7 r out today and can say I was very impressed with it, even though I don't thinks as fast as my mk6, but I love the sure footedness of it even if it did come with the dreaded bridgestones on it!
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #2493 on: 29 March 2015, 20:51 »
Ant GTD what controller do you need for the mirrors to fold off the remote and where is it located?
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2494 on: 29 March 2015, 22:18 »
Had the car prepped for some punishment at Spa and the Nurburgring.....

Uprated rotors to 2 piece AP racing, Project Mu race pads, 5 mm spacers and longer bolts.
Also had the Haldex service, DSG service, engine oil change, climate control removed, drain and refill engine coolant, cambelt and water pump changed, quite a few bits of pipework heat-shielded, some electrical wiring re-routed. Car now runs like a new pin.
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline h10_vwg

• Not said much yet
  • MK6 GTi and MK5 TDI
« Reply #2495 on: 30 March 2015, 15:33 »
is anyone selling xenon projector headlamp for a mk6 gti?

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2496 on: 30 March 2015, 15:39 »
Well a year after having them refurbished, the whiteworm is back on one of my Monzas! This is after I have sealed them with Gtechniq C5 every six months and topped that up with fk1000p monthly.

Never want diamond cut again, seems to be the most popular wheel finish on new cars now though!!! I really want a set of genuine Watkins Glen, anyone know where I can get a cheap set?  :tongue: VW want £545 +VAT each!!!! :laugh:

Nevertheless I'm loving being back in the car after two months away from it. Plus my spare engine cover turned up while I was away so I have that to play with. Part sent away to aquagraphix and the other bit I'm currently having some fun with:

:wink:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2497 on: 30 March 2015, 15:58 »
That's a bit of a bummer Dan  :sad:

I've been lucky enough never to have had whiteworm bit I'm with you on diamond cuts.  My love affiar with them is well and truly over.  Really looking forward to not having them on the next car.  Even if you manage to avoid whiteworm, they are very easily scratched (kerbing aside), even being very careful.  Anyway they are everywhere now and I think VW current crop of diamond cut alloys look cheap and nasty.  Bring on the Pretorias  :laugh:

Anyway at least you've got your engine covers to cheer you up.  Post some pics up when you've got them installed.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2498 on: 30 March 2015, 16:03 »
Before I px my gti  :sad: It had had two monzas replaced due to white worm and the car wasn't 2 years old and had only done 9000 miles. I like the look but not the corrosion  :smiley:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2499 on: 30 March 2015, 16:10 »
Yeah I think the Monzas are a great looking wheel but I'm with you that the current range just doesn't look good, Cadiz especially! Hope the trend ends soon, one of my pet hates with new cars now alongside electric handbrakes. Bet you will be happy with the Prets, they are a great looking wheel and no stupid fragile finish either!  I wish the previous owner of my car had replaced them under warranty too, might have had more of a chance to keep it away for longer.

I'll be sure to post some engine cover pics up when it's done. Current turnaround time at Aquagraphix is 2 -3 weeks so I'll keep you posted!

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive