Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654412 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2130 on: 07 December 2014, 20:40 »
Thanks it looks bigger in the photo as mines 19ft4 and I thought I would struggle to fit a 7 next to a 6 as the 7 is wider.
« Last Edit: 07 December 2014, 20:43 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2131 on: 07 December 2014, 20:58 »
Thanks it looks bigger in the photo as mines 19ft4 and I thought I would struggle to fit a 7 next to a 6 as the 7 is wider.

just found the paper work, its 18ft square, the biggest we could get without planning permission with 2 8ft doors.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2132 on: 07 December 2014, 21:14 »
Thanks.  :smiley:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2133 on: 07 December 2014, 21:21 »
On another note away from winter wheels & tyres i managed to get both the MK6 & MK7 cleaned today. (Y)

I'm still not sold on the MK7, but I would be biased to the MK6 as its my baby. Still a good Sunday well spent.  :laugh:

Nice monochrome pair, nice garage too  :cool:  how long you had the Mk7?

The mk7 exterior is starting to grow on me but unlike others here I still prefer the mk6 interior especially the seats.

I'm not sold on the mk7 interior either.  Only seen the GTD (and a nappa R), not the GTI, but thought it looked cheaper than the mk6 interior in many ways, all that gloss black plastic.  Not a deal breaker though.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2134 on: 07 December 2014, 21:23 »
On another note away from winter wheels & tyres i managed to get both the MK6 & MK7 cleaned today. (Y)

I'm still not sold on the MK7, but I would be biased to the MK6 as its my baby. Still a good Sunday well spent.  :laugh:

Parents got one while I was away in Mexico, so had it 2 weeks now, it was the best of the ones he was looking at out of the Audi A1 1.4TFSI and the S1.

The mk7 exterior is starting to grow on me but unlike others here I still prefer the mk6 interior especially the seats.

I'm not sold on the mk7 interior either.  Only seen the GTD (and a nappa R), not the GTI, but thought it looked cheaper than the mk6 interior in many ways, all that gloss black plastic.  Not a deal breaker though.

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #2135 on: 07 December 2014, 21:43 »
Thanks Snoopy will have a look now  :smiley:
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2136 on: 07 December 2014, 23:40 »

that's a mighty fine garage you have got yourself and the motors don't look to bad either  :cool:

2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #2137 on: 10 December 2014, 19:13 »
Got complimented on it by a GTD owner.  :shocked:

said it looks a lot more refined than his and the GT badge looked good on it  :cool:

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #2138 on: 12 December 2014, 01:24 »
Ave fixed that long standing issue with my heated rear screen, thats what i did to my golf today!!! poor dealer spent at least 4 hours trying to diagnose the problem at the last service and wanted me back to rip it to bits and check all the wiring. Saved him a job and me a large bill. Once they found it i wouldn't have got away with it under warranty.
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #2139 on: 12 December 2014, 10:14 »
Ave fixed that long standing issue with my heated rear screen, thats what i did to my golf today!!! poor dealer spent at least 4 hours trying to diagnose the problem at the last service and wanted me back to rip it to bits and check all the wiring. Saved him a job and me a large bill. Once they found it i wouldn't have got away with it under warranty.

What was the problem?