Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653657 times)

Offline hef

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2070 on: 03 November 2014, 21:12 »
I swore at it today.

Clutch started slipping :(

Any advice on uprated ones for fast road use to comfortably deal with 380ft-lb of torque+? Can only see Helix and Sachs options, Sachs seems around 400ftlb, no mention of helix's capabilities on awesome gti's site, and it mentions Sachs or LUK flywheels...how do I find out what I've got without splitting the bell housing from the block?

Anybody found an OEM replacement off another model which shares the same clutch/flywheel as the 2.0tfsi? I found with my vauxhall z20let, that the c20let standard clutch is the Courtenay Sport 'fast road' one so saved a fair bit of money...I wonder if there's a similar 'trick' for the VAG scene?
Toronado Red Edition 35

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2071 on: 03 November 2014, 21:50 »
Boot struts replaced under warranty so I now have a boot that opens and lifts itself again.

Howd you do that mate?

It was done by the stealers. As the fluid had leaked out.

Ah right. Do you know what struts they used to get it to open by itself? I've tried several different kinds and different poppers and ball pins but none really worked properly, or the bootlid didn't close flush with the back of the car

Ive heard that Skoda Octavia ones fit and lift it, but not seen anyone that has done it yet.

Offline Jonny_D_1987

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2072 on: 03 November 2014, 23:30 »
Ripped the bottom part of the steering column trim off to investigate a really annoying creak and cant get it back on :(

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2073 on: 04 November 2014, 21:38 »
Fallen out with it, 35 in a 30 speeding ticket  :cry: just what I needed 2 weeks before I go away.  :sad:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2074 on: 04 November 2014, 22:37 »
Fallen out with it, 35 in a 30 speeding ticket  :cry: just what I needed 2 weeks before I go away.  :sad:

Oops   :whistle: :rolleyes:

Thought I might be getting one a few weeks back but the ominous envelope never arrived   :huh:  :smiley:

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #2075 on: 05 November 2014, 00:23 »
wonder how much added bhp the GTI stripes have and if you lose any when you remove the top one

Offline JDM82

• Here all the time
« Reply #2076 on: 05 November 2014, 06:01 »
wonder how much added bhp the GTI stripes have and if you lose any when you remove the top one

You were awake at 0:23 wondering how much bhp a side stripe adds and how much you'd lose if you removed the top stripe?

Wow  :undecided:
« Last Edit: 05 November 2014, 06:07 by JDM82 »
GOLF GTi - The legendary hot hatch

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2077 on: 05 November 2014, 08:22 »
Got me new tyre on last night! £40 off eBay for a nice conti sport contact 5 to match my OEM ones still with 6mm tread! Got my mate to fit it on for free and wheels rotated for the winter
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |

Offline GS WAX

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2078 on: 08 November 2014, 07:58 »
Got these last week,arrived in two weeks :sad:, they were originally supposed to be with me at the end of November, so I booked fitting for earliest date in December, Ohhh the temptation.......prob be snowing by the time they are fitted :smiley:

2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #302

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2079 on: 08 November 2014, 09:39 »
Full service, cambelt, water pump and brake fluid change. That'll mean it's staying with me for a while longer then.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.