Author Topic: TCR suspension  (Read 1378 times)

Offline csampo

• Just got here
TCR suspension
« on: 18 July 2019, 22:50 »
Hi all,

New here, and thinking of ordering a TCR.  I'm trying to get to the bottom of the TCR suspension options, but currently am not having much luck getting a clear answer from VW customer service.  What I am trying to understand is whether a TCR without the performance pack but with DCC optioned ends up with the same suspension setup as a TCR with the performance pack?  I know that the performance pack cars do get uprated dampers, increased negative camber, lower ride height etc., but I'm getting conflicting information from different reviews (and indeed different repsonses from VW themselves) in terms of what the normal TCR with optional DCC gets.  It's also therefore not clear how a TCR without the performance pack differs to a normal GTI in terms of suspension.  Ideally I'd like to stay on 18" as I prefer a little more sidewall height for road use.

Is there anyone here who has knowledge of this?  Thank you!

Offline AGB

• I live here
Re: TCR suspension
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2019, 08:14 »
Hi all,

New here, and thinking of ordering a TCR.  I'm trying to get to the bottom of the TCR suspension options, but currently am not having much luck getting a clear answer from VW customer service.  What I am trying to understand is whether a TCR without the performance pack but with DCC optioned ends up with the same suspension setup as a TCR with the performance pack?  I know that the performance pack cars do get uprated dampers, increased negative camber, lower ride height etc., but I'm getting conflicting information from different reviews (and indeed different repsonses from VW themselves) in terms of what the normal TCR with optional DCC gets.  It's also therefore not clear how a TCR without the performance pack differs to a normal GTI in terms of suspension.  Ideally I'd like to stay on 18" as I prefer a little more sidewall height for road use.

Is there anyone here who has knowledge of this?  Thank you!

I agree with you on the 18" wheel choice but I despise diamond cut wheels due to degradation problems I've had with them in the past (without kerbing them I should add). I made the decision to take DCC with the 19" Reifnitz as it offers better value and I think it suits the car. They look better in the metal as it were. There was also no way I'd take the diamond cut wheel.

The launch presentation that the media were shown can be downloaded here if you've not seen it and that breaks down the packages on page 9 and 10.

If that doesn't help, DM Tom Lynch who is the product affairs manager for VW. You can find him on Twitter and he will be able to answer the question or field it to someone who can.

If you have concerns over pliancy on the road, I live in rural Suffolk and quite a few of the roads are more like goat tracks than roads. While I don't drive the car into ruts and potholes, DCC run in comfort mode irons surfaces out really effectively.

Hope this helps.

MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline csampo

• Just got here
Re: TCR suspension
« Reply #2 on: 23 July 2019, 10:54 »
Thank you AGB, much appreciated!