Author Topic: VW All in offer  (Read 3389 times)

Online Guzzle

• I live here
VW All in offer
« on: 30 May 2021, 12:18 »
Just seen this on the VW website.

Aimed at those with cars over 3 years old.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners-and-drivers/servicing/service-plans/all-in

Essentially it's a monthly payment plan to cover extended warranty, servicing, MOT and breakdown cover.

May not suit everyone, but hopefully will be of benefit to some.
7.5 GTD

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: VW All in offer
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2021, 12:55 »
Similar to the benefits under VW’s Approved Used programme but without the servicing.

The Approved Used programme gives;
- 2 years unlimited mileage warranty
- 2 years roadside assistance
- 2 years MOT cover

Hopefully the VW salesperson won’t try and sell this new ‘Go all-in’ package to anyone buying a three year old used car under the Approved Used programme, as they’ll already have the above items with only the service plan missing. 
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2021, 16:15 »
The all in is interesting. Timely, in that in a coupe of weeks my car turns three but with not yet 11,000 miles on it and I was thinking of an extended warranty. I have one major service on a VW service plan left and the car had the minor (oil change) service in December past, less than 2,000 miles ago. I was thinking of changing the car but I still like it and with so few miles it seems daft. I would like the reassurance of an extended warranty. I live in Northern Ireland and our first MoT is after 4 years. I have breakdown cover within my my car insurance. Aspects of the all in offer do not seem to fit my circumstances. I had been thinking of contacting VW for an extended warranty. Suggestions? Thanks.
« Last Edit: 30 May 2021, 18:00 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2021, 19:51 »
The all in is interesting. Timely, in that in a coupe of weeks my car turns three but with not yet 11,000 miles on it and I was thinking of an extended warranty. I have one major service on a VW service plan left and the car had the minor (oil change) service in December past, less than 2,000 miles ago. I was thinking of changing the car but I still like it and with so few miles it seems daft. I would like the reassurance of an extended warranty. I live in Northern Ireland and our first MoT is after 4 years. I have breakdown cover within my my car insurance. Aspects of the all in offer do not seem to fit my circumstances. I had been thinking of contacting VW for an extended warranty. Suggestions? Thanks.

Any issues with your car at the minute? I don't think you'd benefit from a warranty extension to be quite honest, the warranty extension is something around £300 a year which unless your timing chain snapped or silica bag ripped you could cover it yourself and be better off.

I'd definitely drop your car down for an end of warranty check and mention any niggles you have, rattles etc so they're written down before it expires so will be covered after it expires. As well as you'll know where you stand with car condition wise, even if you have to pay a little.

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2021, 20:24 »
The MOT 2 year cover only covers for a failure not the cost of an MOT that I realised after reading the small print. Just bought a used gti. Agree with Wilni that extended cover is in most cases not worth it as major issues are not very likely.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline wolly440

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2021, 10:15 »
Good spot Guzzle. Audi are doing the same offer, going to get the wifes Q2 covered when the warranty runs out in July

Offline Mikeyd1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 10 June 2021, 21:24 »
Is this any good I booked my car in for a “eligibility check” . Don’t know if to bother or not, I suppose it’s good if u get a leaky water pump or something
2017 gti dsg white silver, 3door, dcc , Brescia alloys, pro Nav dvd ,dynaudio, dcc . Rear tints

Offline Mikeyd1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 11 June 2021, 14:55 »
Eligible check done all good , they just plug your car in so no other check accept obd port computer check.
2017 gti dsg white silver, 3door, dcc , Brescia alloys, pro Nav dvd ,dynaudio, dcc . Rear tints

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 11 June 2021, 17:54 »
I had my car checked at a VW dealer. They replaced a solenoid for the fuel flap, supposedly. They scanned the car and found no faults. They gave me a nice card telling me about VW All In which is £33.45 a month for two years. I told them I only want a warranty and they said it would be £450 a year so £900 for two years, making All-In cheaper, at £802.80.  I didn’t commit.
« Last Edit: 11 June 2021, 21:06 by Ceefeesh »

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 11 June 2021, 18:04 »
Here is a copy of the details of the offer.

Maybe you get three free pairs of sunglasses too?  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 11 June 2021, 18:07 by Ceefeesh »