Author Topic: Annoying, intermittent tapping noise from B pillar.  (Read 155 times)

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
As the title says, worse on rougher road surfaces (lots of them around here). Not loud, but beginning to bug me. Appears to be from B pillar around the seat belt adjustment,so pretty close to my ear but we all know how sounds travel in an car. All seals have been cleaned and lubed with Gummi Pfledge. Any thoughts / experience?
I have to admit, most people wouldn’t notice or care but it is beginning to irritate🤷
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
With my previous VW, I had an annoying buzzing noise from the driver’s side adjustable seatbelt mount on the B pillar. I found moving it up or down a notch stopped the noise and it never returned.

Might be worth trying if you haven’t done so already?
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
With my previous VW, I had an annoying buzzing noise from the driver’s side adjustable seatbelt mount on the B pillar. I found moving it up or down a notch stopped the noise and it never returned.

Might be worth trying if you haven’t done so already?

I’ll give that a go👍
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline MervJnr

• Just got here
I get it from the same location but it's the black plastic trim on the outside, between the front and rear side windows. Creaks and squeaks right by your ear definitely get on your nerves!
« Last Edit: Today at 12:10 by MervJnr »

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
I get it from the same location but it's the black plastic trim on the outside, between the front and rear side windows. Creaks and squeaks right by your ear definitely get on your nerves!

Popped home at lunchtime, moving seat belt didn’t work and the external trim seems secure. It’s actually worse when it’s dry and warm, so I’m thinking the seals (even though they were lubed but the outer seals on the rear edge of the drivers door seemed dry. I use wash and wax a lot and wax the car after every wash, I recall years back when I had a BMW that had a similar rattle that the BMW Regional Tech Manager told me wash and wax wasn’t great for rubber seals so maybe that’s the answer. I’ll get the Gummi Pfledge out again tonight and do a more thorough job.