Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 791329 times)

Offline rchotkan

• Just got here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #800 on: 27 March 2015, 09:42 »
Finally managed to find out how to configure the infotainment to change the summer time automatically, hence no more manual ticking the option on the screen.

Coding for standard Nav to activate automatic summer time:

1) Select module 5F - Information Electr.
2) Select Adaptation
3) Select channel: "Summertime-automatic"
4) Change default value from  "manual" to "Europe"

Now I'll have to wait for 29th March to see it in action  :cool:

It is also worth mentioning that the menu on the infotainment has changed from "Summer (DST)" to "Automatic summer time". If I thick the option now the time stays the same while before if I thicked the Summer (DST) option, the time would've moved 1 hour ahead.

(apologies for the cr@ppy pictures)

I have also found the adaptation to configure the temperature when the warning comes on to the MFD. It is set to 4 °C by default, however I haven't managed to change it as it requires a security code and VCDS doesn't suggest anything.  31347 doesn't seem to work. If anyone knows the code and wants to share, it would be appreciated.

So here is the coding:

1) Select module 17-Instruments
2) Select Adaptation
3) Select channel: "(10)-outside_temperature-p_ice_warning_entry_temperature"
4) Change value to desired temperature. (note this requires a security code)

Another thing that I was messing about today is the Oil level which I miss from my old Megane who would show me the oil level on the MFD each time I used to start the engine.

Here is the coding:

2) Select Adaptation
3) Select channel: (5)-Vehicle function list CAN-Oil_level

I have activated the channel but I am not sure how it really works on VW. I have had a look through the menus in the Infotainment but couldn't find anything related to Oil level. If anyone has any clue, please share.

The login code for the temperature adaption = 20103

The standard entry temperature = 4 and the exit temperature = 6 (my settings are 2 and 4 now)

Offline GeoBog

• Here all the time
« Reply #801 on: 27 March 2015, 17:52 »
The login code for the temperature adaption = 20103

The standard entry temperature = 4 and the exit temperature = 6 (my settings are 2 and 4 now)

Cheers for the code mate. I'll give it a go tomorrow. I am going to change the entry temp to 3 degrees. Do you know what the exit temperature does? I don't recall ever seing any message on the MFD at 6 degrees.
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2020 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2
------------------------------------------
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #802 on: 27 March 2015, 22:17 »
The exit temperature is when the ice warning (snowflake) disappears.

The code does work as I did it earlier. As the original poster, I have my entry temp (temp at which it's activated) at 2deg C, and the exit (temp at which the ice warning deactivates) at 4 deg C
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #803 on: 29 March 2015, 11:28 »
I don't know if it will help anyone, but I did a full controller map/adaptation download yesterday on my car, and put the results into a spreadsheet format to make the channels easier to read

If anyone would like the spreadsheet, PM me and I'll give you a dropbox link  :smiley:

Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline GeoBog

• Here all the time
« Reply #804 on: 29 March 2015, 13:58 »
Finally managed to find out how to configure the infotainment to change the summer time automatically, hence no more manual ticking the option on the screen.

Coding for standard Nav to activate automatic summer time:

2) Select Adaptation
3) Select channel: "Summertime-automatic"
4) Change default value from  "manual" to "Europe"

Now I'll have to wait for 29th March to see it in action  :cool:

It is also worth mentioning that the menu on the infotainment has changed from "Summer (DST)" to "Automatic summer time". If I thick the option now the time stays the same while before if I thicked the Summer (DST) option, the time would've moved 1 hour ahead.

Just to confirm, the time changed automatically to 1 hour ahead this morning. I really don't understand why VW wouldn't activate this from factory.
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2020 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2
------------------------------------------
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #805 on: 29 March 2015, 14:08 »
Yes same here.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #806 on: 29 March 2015, 14:20 »
Worked for me too - you do have to wonder why so many useful features are only available via VCDS.

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #807 on: 30 March 2015, 00:01 »
I don't know if it will help anyone, but I did a full controller map/adaptation download yesterday on my car, and put the results into a spreadsheet format to make the channels easier to read

If anyone would like the spreadsheet, PM me and I'll give you a dropbox link  :

Author: thanks for the kind offer, I'll PM to get a copy. As reciprocity for your good work here's a copy of a spreadsheet of mine that compares the adaptation channels in the  BCM of 13 different mk7 models from around the world (the current count is 2,345 different adap channels)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qur3qjcld5sglcn/BCM_09_Compare_5.xlsx?dl=0
« Last Edit: 30 March 2015, 00:07 by dv52 »
103TSI Highline ROW (my13)

Offline led.737

• Just got here
« Reply #808 on: 30 March 2015, 13:57 »
Hello guys!!

I'm still trying to get my side mirrors heaters to work in temperatures higher then the 20ºC limit, or even to get it on along with the rear defroster.

Has anyone had a look in this??

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #809 on: 31 March 2015, 13:00 »
Just to confirm, the time changed automatically to 1 hour ahead this morning. I really don't understand why VW wouldn't activate this from factory.

Especially as it is standard on the Leon.