Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 376718 times)

Offline mojo555

• GTI forum regular
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1500 on: 25 November 2012, 21:28 »
I am getting another ED35 as VW are offering some great deals on new cars. I lease mine and I can get a new one for less than I am paying now. No brainer for me. :smug:

How much they coming out at on the lease???

Offline Edi35

• Here all the time
« Reply #1501 on: 25 November 2012, 21:54 »
Depends on your particular circumstances but VW are giving a 2k deposit and a cheaper interest rate.  If you check the VW website they have examples and give them a ring to see what they can offer.
Current: GTI Edition 35 Candy White 5dr DSG 19" Glendale, RCD510+DAB, Dynaudio, Storage Pack, Parking Sensors

Gone: Edition 35, GTI Mk6, Edition 30, GTI Mk4, GTI Mk3, GTI Mk2 and my favourite the UR quattro
For those that dont know DSG is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox

Offline Will@carbon

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1502 on: 28 November 2012, 23:03 »
The m135i made into evo mags  final top 10 cars of 2012 and was paired against the new 911.

Saying that that 3 wheeled Morgan thing was in there also.

I don't know what the final result is though.
I don't believe in global warming, sorry.
How are speed bumps legal?
I dislike lorry drivers who block lanes in traffic.
All burglars must die slowly ASAP.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #1503 on: 29 November 2012, 10:10 »
MAW73 - no further negotiation can be done, sales chap is a personal friend of our Sales Director so we are already getting preferential pricing for a relatively small fleet.

Set my heart on 19's, Xenons and tints...will update once ordered.

Appreciate all your input :cool:

Today is order confirmation day and no further forward....

I can have metallic paint, Sun Protection Glass and Nav as a given but can have one of either Xenons, Harmon Kardon or 19" wheel upgrade on the 320d M Sport spec and I think I will go wheels as I am a bit of a chav who loves the big wheel bling.

Now spanner in the works time, if I drop to the 318 I can have all options and slightly less tax to pay as the BIK tax rate drops by 1%.

Anyone driven both the 320d and 318d, worried it will feel gutless and be a mistake?

Any input appreciated :smiley:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1504 on: 29 November 2012, 11:29 »

Now spanner in the works time, if I drop to the 318 I can have all options and slightly less tax to pay as the BIK tax rate drops by 1%.

Anyone driven both the 320d and 318d, worried it will feel gutless and be a mistake?

Remap the 318 and keep shtum.  :wink:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1505 on: 29 November 2012, 17:07 »

Just had a 318d sport for two weeks as a courtesy car - can't say I was overly impressed with the car, actually couldn't wait to get my VW back. It was a nice car and build quality was very impressive but I just couldn't take to the ride. Engine wise it was very frugal and responsive for a larger car.

Would I buy one? No. Would rather go for a 1 series but my mate has a 325 coupe and absolutely loves it and he has driven quite a few exotic cars.

:smiley:
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #1506 on: 29 November 2012, 17:10 »
Good call  :grin:

In all seriousness I have settled on following spec thinking about what I will enjoy having the most from a drivers perspective;

320d M Sport
Metallic Paint - colour tbc
Sun Protection Glass
Media Pack - Nav & Bluetooth
Lumbar Support
Business Speaker Upgrade

Nice spec car, and as much as I would have loved the Xenons and 19" wheels I think my choices will make my travelling more enjoyable  :cool:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1507 on: 30 November 2012, 14:08 »
been looking around for a replacement for the daily and should fingers crossed be ordering one of these to arrive March to take over from the 500TA

around £15k new with most toys ticked so cheap fun motoring
« Last Edit: 30 November 2012, 14:45 by wigit »

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1508 on: 30 November 2012, 14:24 »
.......around £15 new with most toys ticked so cheap fun motoring

Now that is cheap. I'll take 2   :laugh:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1509 on: 30 November 2012, 14:25 »

around £15 new with most toys ticked so cheap fun motoring

Scalextric cars are more than that.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.