Author Topic: hid conversion kits  (Read 1437 times)

Offline xmeinmk4x

• Just got here
hid conversion kits
« on: 14 January 2008, 22:47 »
hey guys, i really want to put in one of these hid conversion kits into my mk4. what do you think about this?

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: hid conversion kits
« Reply #1 on: 14 January 2008, 23:25 »
4100k is the best for daylight mimic... anymore than this and you'll start blinding other drivers

see this thread

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=67954.0

Reuben at Tuning Werkes http://www.tuningwerkes.co.uk/index.html can sort you out with a good priced upgrade kit

nb. mods - any chance of this being made sticky?

Offline jafo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 19 January 2008, 20:58 »
Am i right in saying that to make these legal they have to be self leveling?? As i would like to get a xenon kit,
Thanks

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #3 on: 20 January 2008, 16:55 »

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline jafo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 23 January 2008, 19:11 »
I work as a parts manager and spoke to a friend at my mot station and he said it is illegal to fit aftermarket xenons unless they have either self leveling lights or washer jets for the lights, is this correct??

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 23 January 2008, 22:22 »
I work as a parts manager and spoke to a friend at my mot station and he said it is illegal to fit aftermarket xenons unless they have either self leveling lights or washer jets for the lights, is this correct??

i have heard that

although there are plenty of people that have passed MOT's in mk3's with HID's in them... alternatively just swop the lights before the MOT!

Offline Biz

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 23 January 2008, 23:45 »
Legally you are meant to have headlight washers and self levelling headlights with HID but most MOT places will pass you providing the beam pattern is correct, as most test centres don't realise what the rules are on HID.
My dad has them on his car and they make night become day, going to put them on my next car for sure.