Author Topic: Cut and shine question  (Read 5543 times)

mix

Re: Cut and shine question
« Reply #10 on: 07 April 2005, 18:53 »
Anyone else ? What do you use to cut and shine your bodywork ? Come on peeps I'm after some guidance here, some of you must polish your cars at some point ? :huh:

never ever done that before, whats a sponge :laugh:

my advice is loadsa a loadsa elbow grease

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 07 April 2005, 20:07 »
i use the carplan colour fast t-cut,auto glym super resin polish and autp glym extra gloss protection.it does do a nice job but it is time consuming but you only get out what you put in.

thats exactly what i use!!! comes up amazing!!

most of the people i know that have sort of 'show' cars use swizzol. its good stuff, aint cheap but the finish lasts for ages. there is a group buy link in the discount section that i could probably get going again if enough people are interested?? i know the guy who started it so shouldn't be too hard to sort something out?
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #12 on: 08 April 2005, 12:00 »
I'd be interested if you got that going again joe.  :smiley: What's that other one that people rave about, maguires I think, anyone know anything about that ?  :undecided:
......now officially dubless.

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 08 April 2005, 12:11 »
I've used the claybar and was amazed how much grime and muck it could pull out even after a good wash. It struck me as a very good alternative to removing paint. If your paint finish is good, as yours is, and its just ground in dirt, tar spots etc., that you need to remove I really would recommend that you give it a go.

Don't leave your claybar in the sun or in a hot place! It turns into a sticky horrible 'chewing gum' like mess.........I really must get a new claybar :embarassed:

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #14 on: 08 April 2005, 12:16 »
Cheers Rich.  :smiley: Who sells these clay bars ? Can I get them from most auto factors ?  :undecided:
......now officially dubless.

Offline ...joe

• Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 08 April 2005, 12:28 »
ok if anyone is interested in the swizzol kits i metioned, have a look at this thread:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=7894.0

if enough people are interested i'll get something sorted. i think he need at least 10 people to get the prices not in brackets. (brackets are retail)
this was posted a while ago but like i said i know the guy and he's only down the road from me so it won't be hard to get something going.

and gibby, he sells clay bars!!!
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 08 April 2005, 12:30 »
I got mine from a stand at VW Action a couple of years ago, however, I'm sure they must be available from most motor factors.

mix

« Reply #17 on: 08 April 2005, 12:31 »
gibby, i thiknk dubby used to use a good one, bugger knows whats its called, and i can remember she said it was expensive

*mix takes a holiday to eastcoastdubbers.com quickly...

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 08 April 2005, 12:42 »
Dubby uses Zymol. She kindly gave me some last year. Thats for the waxing side of it. The paint needs to be perfectly clean before applying Zymol. They do claybars and I think you can buy them online.

mix

« Reply #19 on: 08 April 2005, 13:08 »
thats what she just said, click here for what she said.