Author Topic: Need abit of help respraying my car!!  (Read 984 times)

Offline Zerocool

• Not said much yet
Need abit of help respraying my car!!
« on: 15 May 2010, 15:07 »
Today i was going to respray my 16v as i removed my body kit due to some welding being done and did the arches at the same time i had it all ready to be sprayed by my self and was waiting for a call to take it up to a friends farm then i get the phone call he as made other plans, i have been looking for a compressor to buy but dont want to spend silly money as it wont get used much after i have dont this! is there anywere local i.e NG10 2AE lONG EATON  area of nottingham as i am just going to do it on my front , i do know your not ment to do it in a public area but my car looks a state and its really pissing me of now!! so am not to fussed as long as i can finish it of .

hope you can help.
Nic

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
Re: Need abit of help respraying my car!!
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2010, 18:02 »
you'll never get a finish doing it outside,   got to tent it at the very least.

chould have proably arranged with lee for you to borrow the workshop for an afternoon,  or bring some paint and plenty of beer may be possible to perswade him to do it if your prep is good enough  but i think i'm a bit far away
« Last Edit: 15 May 2010, 18:04 by danny_p »
all the VW's have gone bar 1.

Offline Zerocool

• Not said much yet
Re: Need abit of help respraying my car!!
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2010, 22:18 »
i would say the prep work is  nice and smooth but am sure a profesional would find fault lol its all rubbed back and primed , its only the sides of the car that i was going to do, and prime and paint the colour coded bumpers i have just got and t-cut the roof , bonnet, and  boot. as they are ok . i got a good match on some rattle cans and did some work with them but when it came to the top coat it was a sh!t and uneven finish so i have rubbed it all back and got 1ltr of primer, 1ltr paint, and 1ltr of top coat even got my mates GTI spray gun  just need a place to do it!! send me your post coded  ill see how far you are, how much would he charge?? its only the sides and 2 bumpers i want to do! i have spent enough this month on it the mrs is giving me enough ???? LOL
thanks Nic