Author Topic: Another new member!  (Read 2399 times)

Offline w0ffle

• GTI forum regular
Another new member!
« on: 17 December 2008, 11:02 »
Hello!

Another new member, but not new to the wonder that is a Golf GTi, I recently bought my 2nd Mk4 having dabbled with various VAGs over the last few years (A3 Quattro Sport 180, A4 Quattro Sport, Mk4 GT TDI 130) since being converted from the Japanese scene.

My last car was a GT TDI 130 which was running around 190bhp and 3850Nm but I missed my old friend the 1.8T!

This time I have a clear plan... 300bhp!

So far my car is a stock 2002 Mk4 GTi Turbo 3 Door in black magic with a few nice options that the 1st owner spec’d (Leather Recaro, Xenons, Sunroof etc) and with just 48k on it should be a great platform to get lots of power!

My first mod/purchase is a panel filter and Forge 007P which has not yet arrived but purchased from the awesome guys at R-Tech, having read some of the best reviews of any company on this website/forum I have decided to get a first stage 1 remap form them as well so hopefully I will be running around 200bhp in the next few weeks.

I am also a member of uk-mkivs but I hope you won’t hold that against me!

Gareth
 :smiley:

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
Re: Another new member!
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2008, 11:13 »
Welcome mate the Forge TIP pipe is worth getting mate  :cool:
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Brands Hatch massive. MEMBERSHIP ACCEPTED!

Offline w0ffle

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 17 December 2008, 11:30 »
Thank Ben,

TIP is on the shopping list :)

Would you recomend Forge or Samco?

This morning I ordederd a 312mm Brake conversion kit and some interior bits (got to get rid of the wood dash!) but I have just spotted that R-Tech are offering the AlienTech Powergate for just £260 including 2 remap files!!!

I think I will have to go for that, a very good offer I ddn't want to miss.

My car is actually in the garage today having a service and new battery, looks like it is going to be an expensive month!  :undecided:

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 17 December 2008, 11:33 »
Thank Ben,

TIP is on the shopping list :)

Would you recomend Forge or Samco?

This morning I ordederd a 312mm Brake conversion kit and some interior bits (got to get rid of the wood dash!) but I have just spotted that R-Tech are offering the AlienTech Powergate for just £260 including 2 remap files!!!

I think I will have to go for that, a very good offer I ddn't want to miss.

My car is actually in the garage today having a service and new battery, looks like it is going to be an expensive month!  :undecided:

I have got the Forge TIP mate and Forge 007p. Wanna get a Miltek cat back soon and R-TEC remap.  :cool:
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Offline w0ffle

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 17 December 2008, 11:36 »
Yeah I think Milltek is deffinatly the way to go, I I might order the AlienTech Powergate from R-Tech and think about an exhaust after xmas, I'm not sure which tailpipe to go for though, possibly just stick with the tried and tested 2 x 76mm and 4mo valance.

Once I get this done and a few other bits and bobs I can then take a trip to R-Tech and get a custom map added to the AlienTech Powergate.

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 17 December 2008, 11:43 »
Yeah I think Milltek is deffinatly the way to go, I I might order the AlienTech Powergate from R-Tech and think about an exhaust after xmas, I'm not sure which tailpipe to go for though, possibly just stick with the tried and tested 2 x 76mm and 4mo valance.

Once I get this done and a few other bits and bobs I can then take a trip to R-Tech and get a custom map added to the AlienTech Powergate.

Im gonna get Nick to come out and do mine, Gonna get the twin jet outlets mine. Then wanna get wheels and suspension and anti roll bars sorted out. The list goes on and on.  :grin:

Offline w0ffle

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 17 December 2008, 11:48 »
hehe, it never ends does it!

I am always able to find someone I want to uprate/change!

Josho

« Reply #7 on: 17 December 2008, 12:40 »
One of the best air filter mods you can do for performance is put an R32 airbox on it.

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 17 December 2008, 12:46 »
One of the best air filter mods you can do for performance is put an R32 airbox on it.

I wouldnt say best but worth doing the DSG intake.  :cool:

Offline davero

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 17 December 2008, 13:14 »
Welcome mate