Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287451 times)

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #2860 on: 28 November 2011, 13:29 »
Vettel is better than Weber in the same way that Button is better than Hamilton.

Button was getter faster lap times than Hamilton on the harder compound tyre when Ham was on the soft!
So the drivers do make a difference!

Exactly Len.

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #2861 on: 28 November 2011, 13:56 »
I thought that was a pretty poor race to end the season on.

Vettle really shouldnt have compared himself to Senna, Vettle is a great driver but he isnt and never will be a legend like Senna. For all Vettle won the season out and out i still dont think he is the best driver in the field, he still hasnt shown truely great driving. He is a pace setter, thats it. There hasnt been any truely great overtaking or defending from him.

Button has had a fantastic season and i think him and Hamilton will be a great partnership for the coming years in f1, Alonso really showing what hes worth again, almost every race he has finished high than where he started!

Looking forward to next season but hope Mclaren, Ferrari and hopefully Mercades can close the gap to Red Bull

And just to touch on the Hamilton/Button whos better thing, Hamilton is the better driver. He has had one bad season in F1 which is nothing compared to Button's mistakes in the past. Hamilton has been in F1 5 years, Button has been in 11 years. 2010 season, Hamilton retires 3 times, button non. Hamilton beats button by 26 points.

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #2862 on: 28 November 2011, 14:58 »
Smitty do you not think that had a bit to do with Button going into McLaren as a new driver and having that season as an adjustment?

Where as Lewis has been there his whole life near enough!

Anyway......Next season, who's going to be where? I genuinely hope Hulkenbergs Back in somewhere, got to be force india from the piece on him this weekend, that will be a great combo, I quite like Force India, i can see them becoming a 'Jordan' like team, midfield underdogs with the occasional surprise!

Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #2863 on: 28 November 2011, 15:13 »
Vettel is better than Weber in the same way that Button is better than Hamilton.

Button was getter faster lap times than Hamilton on the harder compound tyre when Ham was on the soft!
So the drivers do make a difference!

Disagree totally on the Button/Hamilton arguement, you cannot use one race or one season to show who is the better driver.. Buttons drive of the season in Canada showed he was brilliant, but deep down, there is no-one, possibly with the exception of Alonso that brings the excitement that Lewis brings to the table.. He sees things others don't, just like Alonso did when he went around Button this weekend.
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #2864 on: 28 November 2011, 15:16 »

Vettle really shouldnt have compared himself to Senna, Vettle is a great driver but he isnt and never will be a legend like Senna. For all Vettle won the season out and out i still dont think he is the best driver in the field, he still hasnt shown truely great driving. He is a pace setter, thats it. There hasnt been any truely great overtaking or defending from him.

Button has had a fantastic season and i think him and Hamilton will be a great partnership for the coming years in f1, Alonso really showing what hes worth again, almost every race he has finished high than where he started!

Looking forward to next season but hope Mclaren, Ferrari and hopefully Mercades can close the gap to Red Bull

And just to touch on the Hamilton/Button whos better thing, Hamilton is the better driver. He has had one bad season in F1 which is nothing compared to Button's mistakes in the past. Hamilton has been in F1 5 years, Button has been in 11 years. 2010 season, Hamilton retires 3 times, button non. Hamilton beats button by 26 points.

I think the same regarding the poor race to end on, but that's motor racing..

Just to pick up on your "legend" comment. I think Vettel has the ability to become the next Senna or Schuey. As horrible as this sounds, Sennas status is pushed even higher because of the way in which he died. I believe that if Seb continues to dominate the sport as he has, with Adrian Newy(sp) building his cars, he will become the next big thing.

Can people please spell Vettels name right please......It really grips my sh!t.
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #2865 on: 28 November 2011, 15:26 »

Just to pick up on your "legend" comment. I think Vettel has the ability to become the next Senna or Schuey. As horrible as this sounds, Sennas status is pushed even higher because of the way in which he died. I believe that if Seb continues to dominate the sport as he has, with Adrian Newy(sp) building his cars, he will become the next big thing.

+ Bandwagon
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #2866 on: 28 November 2011, 16:19 »

+ Bandwagon

I don't get you?

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #2867 on: 28 November 2011, 16:32 »
You don't need to  :wink:
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #2868 on: 28 November 2011, 17:24 »
You don't need to  :wink:

I assume you are referring to the spelling bandwagon, of which I must be a member for my comments in a previous thread about "thick people". There is no bandwagon for me, I cannot see how people cannot spell or say peoples names properly, like dumbf**k Coulthard with his pronunciation for Vettel and Sutil. Jesus, its not like hes been around the F1 scene very long. Even Brundle picked him up week after week and he still got it wrong.

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #2869 on: 28 November 2011, 17:32 »
Sorry i thought it was Vettle not Vettel  :embarassed:

If Vettel is going to be the next Senna or Schumi he's going to have to show some class in defending as well as overtaking, his defence is terrible! Hamilton and Button have both mugged him this season, Hamilton in China making the easiest pass of the season and Button pressurising him in Canada

Button had 9years in the sport at that time, the cars change every season and Button had the wealth of experience. Hamilton had to get used to the new car as did Button, he came from the fastest car in the field so the Mclaren should have suited what he desired.

Button is a fantastic driver but i totally agree with bored_welsh_lad, Hamilton and Alonso are the best drivers in F1

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept