Author Topic: Bollox! parking fine! ah well, 2 subs, headunit and amp to cheer me up...  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Adezmk3

• Here all the time
Hi,

I wonder if you can help me with this lot, its for a 3 door mk3 GTI.

I just bought a new sound system off ebay to upgrade the one in my car, I know next to nothing about installing this lot above the basics of putting in a head unit and running speakers straight from it, the kit is as follows:

- JVC KD-R411 Head Unit
- 2 x JBL 1000W Sub Woofers, Boxed and Wired, Apparently might be 2 Channel (no idea what that means, can anyone enlighten me?)
- Maxxsonics - Crunch USA 700W 4 Channel Amplifier with bass boost - Ready for installation, 2/4 channel operation (2channel with the above subs) (again I don't really know what this means either)
- Some wiring, pic below:

Overall kit picture:

Will that wiring be enough to get me started?
Red wire says - 'high current power wire' on it
Phono type cable says - 'high grade audio cable' on it, (its about 12 feet long, not really shown in picture)
Black wire is quite thin, like the cables that come out of the back of the headunit itself
Standard type spade fuse holder (no fuse in it)

There are no cable ends at all with the kit, any idea what type I need? Specifically to connect to the battery etc, earths and that sort of thing.

Is under the passenger seats a suitable place for the amp, or will it get too hot under there?

Eventually I want to upgrade the speakers and tweeters throughout the car too, (unless they are already upgrades from standard, I haven't looked tbh)

Anyway, thanks for your interest and help!

Adrian
« Last Edit: 26 February 2011, 16:42 by Adezmk3 »