Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287599 times)

VeeDubGTI16v

Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3530 on: 25 June 2012, 20:53 »
fair play to alonso he is a sh!t hot driver, just a greasy, slimey, backhanded arrogant dick head of one

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #3531 on: 25 June 2012, 20:55 »
I think it was more than adequate punishment the 20seconds penalty. I think if the crash never happened Hamilton still wouldn't have finished on the podium, think he would of still got overtaken. He was defending well but the tires where not helping him at all in handling as hard as he was trying.

Good race, glad for micheal, it was good to see him on the podium after all that time.

I have to disagree here, Lewis pulled that move knowing that Maldo would have to yield and drop sec possibly too, Lewis was on the racing line and would have pulled on him even with his off tyres.. This would have given him the space he needed to fight in the last lap with Maldo again.. I think it was a very wise move which if it had come off, would have given him that bit of breathing space before Maldo got on the back of him again.
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #3532 on: 25 June 2012, 20:58 »
end of the day you still have to overtake fairly, and most importantly with all 4 wheels on the track! LH was infront going into the corner therefore he could take any line he wanted to, maldonado should have backed off and tried again at the next opportunity

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3533 on: 29 June 2012, 13:23 »
I see Bernie could be in very big trouble now , regarding the bribery case in Germany.

The main bloke being charged who accepted more than £28 million in bribes from Bernie has been sent down for 8 years.

The UK Tax office is looking at the case now as Bernie could owe billions in tax and also German prosecutors are looking in to weather or not to charge Bernie next.

Could this see him resign? As surely all of this will not put F1 in a good light?

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Last Edit: 29 June 2012, 15:42 by Devilz »

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #3535 on: 29 June 2012, 15:46 »
From reading various articles the London GP looks like one big publicity stunt.

As a Londoner Id f**king love it but am far from holding my breath.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3536 on: 29 June 2012, 15:52 »

As above..the whole thing was a publicity stunt, no mistake it came out the same day the bloke in the bribe case was jailed for 8 years..what got more coverage? The London GP, so it worked for Bernie.

They have tried before with the London GP, it will never work imo

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #3537 on: 29 June 2012, 18:35 »
I'd love the idea of a GP in London, but as Alan said can't see it happen. Most things cannot be organized in London, and if they do manage someone will go on strike and disrupt it. But I imagine there would be just to much opposition for the idea for on reason or another.

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3538 on: 29 June 2012, 18:49 »

As above..the whole thing was a publicity stunt, no mistake it came out the same day the bloke in the bribe case was jailed for 8 years..what got more coverage? The London GP, so it worked for Bernie.

This.

I'm struggling to even imagine on which roads it would be held on! 90% of the roads in the city centre either have massive pot holes, crazy amounts of drains that aren't flush, road islands in the middle or 43652 traffic wardens monitoring them 24/7  :rolleyes:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #3539 on: 29 June 2012, 22:18 »

This.

I'm struggling to even imagine on which roads it would be held on! 90% of the roads in the city centre either have massive pot holes, crazy amounts of drains that aren't flush, road islands in the middle or 43652 traffic wardens monitoring them 24/7  :rolleyes:

To be fair most of central London roads are pretty decent, at £10 a day id bloody hope so aswell.