Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 627424 times)

Offline AndyWard

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1270 on: 31 January 2014, 15:50 »
@Andy Ward - May have the SuperPro Insert for sale in the next few days. Item is brand new / never installed.

£22 posted.

Already got the powerflex sat here but thanks for the offer  :smiley:
10 Plate, Silver DSG,  APR Stage 2, APR TBE, Carbonio Intake 1 + 2, Bilstien B8 + VWR Springs, Eibach Front & Rear Roll Bars Powerflex Bushings, TyrolSport Subframe Deadset Collars, Whiteline Endlinks Front & Rear, Neuspeed TOP and Intercooler Pipe, R8 Coilpacks,

Offline seanule

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1271 on: 31 January 2014, 18:01 »
Got my eibach sportlines installed definite improvement in handling and visual department, car is planted to the road soo much better! would definetly recommend them!

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1272 on: 31 January 2014, 18:10 »
Got a few bit in the post today:

VW Racing Intake, SuperPro Anti Lift Kit, and a Subframe Insert (which i dont think ill be needing anymore as im buying Wigits VWR Mount and subframe)

Really looking forward to fitting the SuperPro A.L.K, should finally strat to get some traction down without the whole car shaking. Combined with the VW Racing mount, should increase grip / traction quite a lot.

In regards to the inductions kits ill have to make a choice, either keep and use the VW Racing kit, or keep the REVO / Pipercross one and sell the VW. (this is my 5th intake - such an intake whore  :evil:)

Have any of you guys tried both of these? The Revo one has been spot on so far, so we will have to see what the VWR one is like when fitted, if its ever stop raining.

I will give review on all of the above when fitted and tested.

PS, one of these intake will be for sale very soon as i cant keep both - and also both come with the stage 2 pipe  :cool:

or my current one:

Cleaned and lightly re-oiled the VWR filter, need to do the same for the Revo / pipercross one this weekend
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1273 on: 01 February 2014, 11:05 »
Installed the VW Racing intake this morning. After a quick run out I fear it may be a tiny bit quite for my liking's, (im a chav at heart and like the loudest possible intake roar and dump sounds) So it might be up for grabs in the next few days, or PM if you interest already.

But mine will come with stage 2 pipe as well:

http://www.awesomegti.com/car/vw/golfmk6/vwr-intake-systemgolf-6-gti-scirocco-20-tsi
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #1274 on: 01 February 2014, 11:16 »
Surely nothing will be louder than an open filter like the Revo you had before?

The Carbonio was plenty loud enough for us when we had it.
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1275 on: 01 February 2014, 11:31 »
Surely nothing will be louder than an open filter like the Revo you had before?

The Carbonio was plenty loud enough for us when we had it.

Yeah i dont think any will be. Revo / Carbonio about the same i think. I just love trying new intakes all the time, gives me an excuse to go tinker with the car...

Offline dieselman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1276 on: 02 February 2014, 20:45 »
« Last Edit: 02 February 2014, 20:52 by dieselman »

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #1277 on: 02 February 2014, 21:32 »
Drove the car for the very last time tonight

Dropped it off in Aberdeen for my mate (who works on he same rig) to collect next week when he gets back on shore.

A nice 250mile drive - a good way to say farewell to a great car. This sort of trip is exactly what this car is about.

It didn't really dawn on me it was the last time I would drive it till I was just minutes from the hotel. Don't normally get too bothered when I sell cars on but I'm definitely Sad to see it go.

Time to get on pistonheads and look for an exige...
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1278 on: 02 February 2014, 22:22 »

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!