Author Topic: what are...  (Read 3737 times)

Offline navmk4gti

• Forum addict
Re: what are...
« Reply #20 on: 30 September 2009, 19:45 »
The best thing to do when buying speakers is to have a listen. The way it sounds to you, might not be the way someone else likes it.
Definitely improve the fronts and leave out the 6x9s.

yh they should sound good ..alpine  :grin:

gonna get alpine amplifier now to go with it  :smiley:
theonestopLEDshop - upgrade LED lighting, car badges, wheel caps etc

Facebook/Instagram: @theonestopledshop

Drop me a message for more info and discounts!

Offline B-chi

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 03 October 2009, 19:27 »
Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but why?????

You bought 2 way coaxs. If you look at those speakers the little thing that sticks out of the front of the speaker is a little tweeter. So it is basically 2 speakers in one.

You've then bought another set of tweeters. When you buy components you have crossovers that come with them to seperate the signals that each speaker receives.

Each crossover for each set of components is designed for the set of speakers it comes with.

How do you intend to setup the speakers you have just bought?

Offline navmk4gti

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 03 October 2009, 20:04 »
lost me  :huh:

brought em main reason they where very cheap.. also becuase my passanger side speaker has popped so hence i need to change them..

(not gonna do nothing in the shelf as originaly i said becuase of this)

.. im gonna just replace them with these and put tweeters on my pillers (gonna leave original tweeters in as normal) and hook it all up to a 4 channel alpine 400w amp i have brought too  :smiley:

Offline asif

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 09 October 2009, 15:02 »
Mate I would strongly suggest components, I currently have CDT components running off a mission amp and good lord it's literally like the band playing are on your dashboard, you can hear every little sound they are absolutly amazing and I aint exagerating (SP)

I've had infinity speakers with additional tweeter and to be honest mate they didn't sound too great, the main reason is because they don't go through a crossover there will always be a slight delay in the sound, you may not notice that there is a delay vut you may notice that it sounds a bit weird and won't be able to put your finger on what it is that is causing the it to sound like that but that is what it is. The tweeter only a has a bass blocker in the wire which some may say also cause a very slight delay.

But all in all the price you have paid and what your getting for so little money is quite well done.
MK7 GT Bluemotion Tech TDi

Offline asif

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 09 October 2009, 15:24 »
For 6"9's I would strongly recommend Infinity Kappa series, they actually have a seperate crossover rather than the crappy built in one's, they sound amaingly clear but not that much depth in bass at all, their more for clarity than anything else, well the mid was good on them.

Offline navmk4gti

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 09 October 2009, 20:09 »
thanks asif for info .. and yh i did get a bargian!  :grin:

iv put the alpines in the front doors and now got some sony 3 way speakers in the shelf and fli tweeters in the doors too.. replaced standard ones as they where crap and had a little restrictor thing on em  :shocked:.. sounds fookin awesome now.. oh and also got a alpine amp running em  :evil:

i love the sound now.. perfect for my liking i can finally put the bass up from the headunit  :grin:

Offline asif

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 11 October 2009, 13:42 »
The main thing is that your happy with the sound, so job well done in that sense.

Offline wampablo

• Here all the time
  • 2nd mk4
« Reply #27 on: 15 October 2009, 13:47 »
hey asif where you get the cdt`s from ? ics ?

Offline asif

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 15 October 2009, 15:11 »
hey asif where you get the cdt`s from ? ics ?

Yeah their from ICS, they are well and truly amazing speakers, well worth the extra money mate.