Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 437814 times)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: LL's MK3 20VT [Back OFF the road again FFF]
« Reply #1660 on: 05 November 2010, 11:04 »
Ouch!... is all I can say and how did  those tyres get so low!  :shocked:

They are old now but they don't last long from new :D

That's how we roll in the SW, its scene to have the wire showing through :D

(I don't have the wire showing through and my front tyres sit just below the limit as they are, hence why I'm not driving it)

Just had an email through and my tyres are being sent today, so its going to need to wait til next week now :(

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1661 on: 06 November 2010, 01:36 »
Lots of new stuff fitted, including new rear brakes and all new bolts and handbrake cables. New plugs and bolt down coilpacks too. Tyres are in the post.

Few vids, nothing special but just wheel spin lol as the tyres are done and it was very wet :D
I know the last vid isn't great before people moan about it, went into second, but due to the misfireyness it didn't like the extra load. I'm sure if it was running sweet it would go through a new set of tyres quite quick :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDjfXzzaIiE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOtvncACnSU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjpAI2EAQ2M

I promise a better vid soon, when its back on the road and running sweet :)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #1662 on: 06 November 2010, 01:47 »
Nice....

Burnout..... you just couldn't help yourself with new tyres coming could you.  :grin:

Wing fixed already or old vid?

Pics look great and minus the misfire it sounds spot on... engine quiet, turbo and exhaust not too loud.  :cool:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1663 on: 06 November 2010, 01:50 »
Nice....

Burnout..... you just couldn't help yourself with new tyres coming could you.  :grin:

Wing fixed already or old vid?

Pics look great and minus the misfire it sounds spot on... engine quiet, turbo and exhaust not too loud.  :cool:

Cheers buddy, nah wing not fixed, just the way it sits you don't notice it and at a glance it looks almost meant to be :D :D Vid was tonight, just me and my mate messing about lol.

Yeah, never done a burnout like that before, been too scared to damage things lol. Thought I'd give it a little go!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #1664 on: 06 November 2010, 02:13 »
Yeah I know what you mean....... You've got to do it at least once though and probably best time to do it....  :grin:  Bet you won't again for a while when the new tyres come.... there's always the snow to play with next ........................... in march  :lipsrsealed:
« Last Edit: 06 November 2010, 02:15 by SoundillusioN »

Offline Jimp

• I live here
« Reply #1665 on: 06 November 2010, 15:15 »
Looks awesome man. The 9's up front look so mean  :evil: The DPB colour stands out a lot more in the video than the photos imo, very cool  :cool: Are you running a Jetex exhaust? I was sort of expecting more noise  :grin: :evil:
Not low enough mk5
Not on the road enough mk3

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1666 on: 06 November 2010, 16:56 »
Looks awesome man. The 9's up front look so mean  :evil: The DPB colour stands out a lot more in the video than the photos imo, very cool  :cool: Are you running a Jetex exhaust? I was sort of expecting more noise  :grin: :evil:

Cheers bud, can't wait to shoot some better vids :)

It is jetex. Nice and quiet :cool:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1667 on: 07 November 2010, 18:33 »
Shall be tinkering with the car tonight or tomorrow night. Handbrake adjustment, some flyeye action and a tidy up.

Also will go over the bay and double-check for any split hoses, etc. Boost gauge is reading correct on idle (i think lol) like -0.7 bar and is boosting too around 1.2 bar under load. So I'm just guessing here, but I don't think there is a boost leak and that a leak is the causing the misfire.

I do remember now it started to appear when I used octane booster with 99 octane fuel. Now I'm thinking could it be the O2 sensor? But surely that would cause running issues regardless of boost?

Its runs fine with the boost turned down and with the boost up its fine just doesn't like when its under load. The vid of my burnout attempt shows it a little. 1st gear, I have no problems, then when I shift into 2nd during the burnout it misfires due to the extra load on the engine.

So it misfires (badly) under load when it hits full boost..... Other things I should try I guess would be DV and N75.

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #1668 on: 08 November 2010, 13:56 »

This picture is awesome bud!!  :drool:

Engine bay is looking sweet ... its like the inverted colour of mine  :grin:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: LL's MK3 20VT
« Reply #1669 on: 08 November 2010, 15:19 »

This picture is awesome bud!!  :drool:

Engine bay is looking sweet ... its like the inverted colour of mine  :grin:

Hola, sweet deal. Imagine what I can do with a real camera and some lighting :smug: (and not a camera phone and an led torch :D )

I'm well pleased with the bay, didn't think it would come out that well and have a big impact, but it does! Sometimes rattle can's are ftw :cool: