Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785679 times)

Offline 245PS

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12230 on: 09 May 2022, 09:53 »
Awesome wheels! Congrats.

I fitted my BMC carbon fibre induction kit yesterday. Not as easy as I had hoped, but nothing a couple of extra drill holes didn’t sort. Not had a chance to drive the car yet but will go out today for sure.

Just a quick update on this...

I wasn't really sure what to expect, I've done moded a car in such a way for many years. I'm pleased to say there is no massive increase in induction noise (happy wife happy life), except at low speed you can really hear the air rushing in which is nice. As speed increases any noise would be drowned out, not sure what it sounds like outside the car?? But what I love is the waste gate/dump valve sound that you can now hear!! Wasn't expecting that, that's for sure.

I'm still so blown away by this cars performance. I'd even go as far to say it's up there with my RS3. If I didn't know better I'd say it must have been remapped, but assuming it hasn't as it wasn't picked up by VW in my "All-in" health check.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12231 on: 09 May 2022, 10:41 »

I wasn't really sure what to expect, I've done moded a car in such a way for many years. I'm pleased to say there is no massive increase in induction noise (happy wife happy life), except at low speed you can really hear the air rushing in which is nice. As speed increases any noise would be drowned out, not sure what it sounds like outside the car?? But what I love is the waste gate/dump valve sound that you can now hear!! Wasn't expecting that, that's for sure.

I'm still so blown away by this cars performance. I'd even go as far to say it's up there with my RS3. If I didn't know better I'd say it must have been remapped, but assuming it hasn't as it wasn't picked up by VW in my "All-in" health check.

Have you swapped the turbo elbow? I put a Racingline one on my PP along with their intake pipe (standard filter and box) which made a small but noticeable and worthwhile improvement. Looked smart too.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #12232 on: 09 May 2022, 10:45 »

I fitted my BMC carbon fibre induction kit yesterday. Not as easy as I had hoped, but nothing a couple of extra drill holes didn’t sort. Not had a chance to drive the car yet but will go out today for sure.

@245PS; did you have your ‘All-in’ eligibility check carried out before or after fitting your induction kit? The reason I ask is that the ‘All-in’ warranty excludes vehicles that have been modified in any way from the manufacturer’s original specification - exclusion 6 on the sixth page (VW helpfully didn’t number the pages! :grin:) of the warranty small print - see screen shot below. I’m assuming the eligibility check was carried out before you fitted it, as it’s quite a visible modification and would’ve been seen by the tech carrying out the eligibility check as soon as they lifted the bonnet.

Link to All-In T&C’s at the link below;

https://customer.vwfs.co.uk/content/dam/bluelabel/valid/www-vwfs-co-uk/documents/VW_Warranty%E2%80%93Terms_and_Conditions.pdf

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline 245PS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12233 on: 09 May 2022, 11:08 »

Have you swapped the turbo elbow? I put a Racingline one on my PP along with their intake pipe (standard filter and box) which made a small but noticeable and worthwhile improvement. Looked smart too.

Nope, that didn't come with the kit so haven't changed that. By the sounds of it though, sounds like I might be putting the old one back on! I fitted it after my all-in check, and whilst I assumed any airbox related issues would not be covered, I didn't expect it to exclude the entire vehicle!! That's annoying.

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #12234 on: 09 May 2022, 13:55 »
Not investigated all in as have a current service contract. That exclusion would.d mean I am not eligible as have fitted rear axle stone protectors and axle cover even though these are a vw option in some countries. Wonder how many owners would fall foul of that clause in the event of a claim because of vw accessories/parts added after vehicle purchase?
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #12235 on: 09 May 2022, 14:37 »
Not investigated all in as have a current service contract. That exclusion would.d mean I am not eligible as have fitted rear axle stone protectors and axle cover even though these are a vw option in some countries. Wonder how many owners would fall foul of that clause in the event of a claim because of vw accessories/parts added after vehicle purchase?

I dare say there are lots of owners who wouldn’t bother reading the small print in the All-In product documentation, so they may have unknowingly invalidated their All-In warranty without realising it.

I wonder how that ‘modifications’ exclusion would be viewed in a court of law if it was the subject of a legal challenge? It seems grossly unfair if, say an infotainment unit fails and VW rejects a warranty claim for repair or replacement of the unit because an owner may have made a cosmetic modification to their car - e.g. if they fitted a larger tailgate spoiler. It’s inconceivable that fitting an alternative tailgate spoiler could’ve been the cause of an infotainment unit failure, but the modifications exclusion as it’s worded would mean VW could reject the warranty claim. Similarly, if a dealer fits VW approved accessories to a customer’s car - strictly speaking, the original manufacturer’s specification of that car has been modified - does that mean that VW could successfully deny an All-In warranty claim on that vehicle? Also, what about owners who’ve fitted dash cams to their cars; fitting a dash cam is a modification that changes the original manufacturer’s specification for that car, so does that invalidate the warranty?

No doubt VW’s legal team would have reviewed and signed off the All-In product wording as being legally sound and fair before the All-In product was launched :whistle:.

If there’s anyone on this forum from a legal background, it would be useful to have their views on the ‘reasonableness’ of that modifications exclusion in the examples above.
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #12236 on: 09 May 2022, 14:57 »
Folk wouldnt be very happy if (for example) their engine blew up and VW rejected a warranty claim because they had fit rear wishbone stone guards!!

How on earth has fitting stone guards somehow had an effect on the engine??
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #12237 on: 09 May 2022, 15:39 »
I don't think it's enforceable, denying a warranty claim because of an unrelated part. Pretty sure the onus would be on the manufacturer to prove your modification caused the failure

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #12238 on: 09 May 2022, 22:12 »
The warranty terms aren’t saying they won’t cover any car that’s been modified.

It’s saying it won’t cover if the failure is caused by/ arises from or is connection with the modification.

Seems reasonable to me.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #12239 on: 09 May 2022, 23:21 »
The warranty terms aren’t saying they won’t cover any car that’s been modified.

It’s saying it won’t cover if the failure is caused by/ arises from or is connection with the modification.

Seems reasonable to me.

It would make more sense if that is the case. However, is that really what it’s saying? The wording of the exclusion is;

This cover does not cover any injury, failure, loss or damage caused by arising from or in connection with Vehicles modified in any way from the original manufacturer's specification.

I interpret that as meaning if a vehicle has been modified, then any failure, loss or damage to that modified vehicle wouldn’t be covered, irrespective of whether or not it was caused by a modification. If the exclusion is intended to just exclude failure / loss / damage arising in connection with a modification, wouldn’t it be worded along the lines of the following?;

This cover does not cover any injury, failure, loss or damage caused by arising from or in connection with Vehicles modified in any way from the original manufacturer's specification where the failure, loss or damage is a consequence of the modification(s).

This is just my opinion though :smiley:. I do agree with @sjw on the point they make regarding enforceability.
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk